0͜͡0͜͡2͜͡

Volleyball boys

꧁Volleyball boys꧂

⍚︎ ⍚︎ ⍚︎

Getting to the skating rink you weren't too happy. You barely passed your science test and not to mention some lanky ass first year bumped into you in the halls, him barely offering you an apology before rushing off. Plus as soon as you entered the locker rooms some of the boys in there made sure to remind you about the volleyball team you'd be watching over too. If you didn't get to practice because of this goddamn volleyball team, you'd have an issue, that's for sure.

You head out to the rink after getting your skates on. Only to be told you had to go to the other rink a few meters away from the main rink so that the volleyball team didn't mess up anyone else's practice. Honestly you were the most inconvenienced out of anyone. You didn't even sign up for this!

"Y/N," You look up from taking off the hard guards off your skates to see your coach "Please don't forget you can practice until the volleyball team gets here. I know how much you like to skate but sometimes it's nice to hit the basics again."

You nod at the woman "Yes coach." She gives you a small smile before turning and exiting the doors to go back to the main rink.

A small smile creeps over your face once it finally sinks in what she said. You don't have to listen to your accompaniment through your headphones, you can blast it through the arena, maybe the volleyball team coming isn't too bad after all!

You jump up excitedly before rushing over to the speaker and plugging in your phone, making sure the song is on repeat and then sliding off to the middle of the rink to begin.

°°°

When the volleyball team found out their coach wanted them to do ice skating twice a week to help them with their balance and to keep them on their toes for their games, they thought it was stupid. I mean, what does ice skating have with volleyball anyway? Nothing!

But getting to the ice rink it's almost the same as the volleyball court. The ice skaters seem to have the same air of intensity the volleyball players do during practices and matches. All of them are intense and focused on the task at hand. Their moves gentle yet there is a powerful, and almost scary intensity to them. The skaters are a lot lighter on their feet than the volleyball players are, the team can just tell.

"Sensei!" The volleyball team turns to see a young woman glide across the ice on to them. "It's nice to see you again." She gives a bow to the head coach before turning to the volleyball team. "I suppose you all are the volleyball team?" The captain nods. "Very well." The ice skating coach glides to exit to reveal tennis shoes caked in ice, "Follow me please." The female coach leads them to a spare locker room, "Your coach told me all your shoe sizes so their are skates in the assigned lockers. To make it easy on you I did your lockers by jersey number. I'll leave you to change." Unlocking and swinging open the door the female leaves them to get ready.

Once the volleyball team is changed the female coach is leading them around once more. "I have one of my best students showing you all the ropes, but be warned." The coach turns around and gives the volleyball team a dark glare that makes the second years bristle "If you do anything to mess him up or harm him in anyway you'll be answering to me. And i won't be as nice as i am now." She gives them a smile that hides malice behind it and the team shutters "Got it?"

"Got it!" The team choruses.

"Good." The female coach stops at a door before pushing it open only for loud classical music to seep out into the hallway. The volleyball players and coaches enter.

°°°

You'd lost yourself in the music, it building as your pace quickened before, just as the music hit a crescendo, you took to the air. Your hands tucked into your chest as you execute a ¹double axel before your limbs splay out elegantly, more effortless jumps twist and turns were executed as if doing them was just as easy as breathing. You take a deep breath before doing a ²triple lutz. Taking off once more, this time starting backwards as you take to the air one last time, while being in the air, seemingly defining gravity, as your body rotates causes the volleyball team to be entranced by your art form.

Just in time with the music ending gravity brings you back down and you land as gently as one can. You bow your head as you let out an exhausted breath, you need to take more breaks.

"Y/N!" Your head darts up hearing your coaches voice.

"Ma'am?"

"Your landing was a little wobbly, i expect you to have more of a stable landing than that."

You nod "Yes ma'am."

She gives you a once over "Get some water, then we can start the introductions." You nod before turning and gliding over to your water bottle. You take your phone off of the speaker and shrug on your warm up jacket, you know while your coaching the volleyball boys you won't be practicing and the ice is cold, you'd much rather be warm than cold.

Water bottle in hand you glide over to your coach who's staring unimpressed at the volleyball boys either wobbling around the rink or holding onto the outer walls of it. Except for two, two of the boys are at least standing calmly on the ice. Some of the boys yelling at them for it.

Your coach clears her voice and you take a swing of water before looking at the boys donned in very familiar tracksuits to you, i mean it is your schools after all.

Nekoma High.

¹double axel -

²triple lutz -

²triple lutz -

A/N:Let it be known that I do not ice skate

A/N:
Let it be known that I do not ice skate. I just think that it's just such a pretty art form. So if i messed up any of the information i apologize, i've googled this but i know google is not always correct. So if you correct me i won't take it personal and will try my hardest to find the correct information for it. (Also sorry the gif is a girl (i can't tell if the bottom on is a girl or not) i tried to find a guy doing it but it was either too big or not the right move.