0͜͡2͜͡2͜͡

Children

꧁Children꧂

☆☆︎☆

Now you like children, you really did. But you sure as hell didn't appreciate the two of them that were running around and screaming. However you were grateful for Gou who simply came in the gym and sat next to you quietly.

You eye your classmate who was simply trying to play a game on his PSP before the two children decided they wanted to mess with him and beg for a turn on the game. The poor boy looked like he wanted to curl into himself and disappear.

"Kenma san!" Kenma looks up, the widening of his eyes giving away how startled he is although seeing you walk over to him Kenma can't be more thankful for you. "I was about to go to the store to get Gou some snacks, would you like to come?"

Kenma stands and pockets his PSP "Yes."

You offer the setter a smile and eye Kuroo and Kai talking to Yaku the two of them looking absolutely wreaked from watching the two kids all day. And Yaku? Well Yaku was just fine.

"Gou, this is Kenma san. He's a friend from volleyball club. Kenma san this is Gou, my little brother."

Gou bows to fast and almost topples over you shooting your arms out to steady him. "Careful Gou..."

Gou blushes in embarrassment but quietly introduces himself to Kenma, this time bowing slower so he didn't fall over.

"Do you want to go to the store with us or would you like to stay here with your friends?"

Gou quickly pushes both you and Kenma "Bye bye Nii chan!" With a wave as he runs off but instead of towards the two gremlins he runs off towards Yaku.

"...I think he likes Yaku senpai more than me..."

Kenma only hums as he walks past you and towards the exit. You stare at Kenma, almost comically, before jogging to catch up with him.

After exiting the school you and Kenma walk in silence for a while.

"...Thank you."

"Hm?" You look over at Kenma.

"For helping me out back there."

"Oh," You give Kenma a smile "It was nothing. I could see you were uncomfortable and it would make me feel bad if you had to deal with those kids by yourself."

Kenma nods as the both of you turn the corner. The store you two were looking for 8/12 stands before the two of you bathing the strip of concrete below it in a green and orange glow.

A grin comes over your face and without even thinking you grab Kenma's hand as you take off in a sprint. "Come on!"

It didn't even register that it was Kenma you were dragging along. The only thing you could focus on was that the store had two packages of Dorayaki that they were advertising and they were gonna be for you and Gou.