Chapter 14

Lalabas dapat kami ni Colm, but since 'that' happened to him, sinabi kong next time na lang at ipahinga na lang niya ang paa niya.

Seriously, I don't understand Aidan. Does he want to play push and pull with me? Will he ever be serious about me? Because I think not.

When he told me he wanted to be friends with me way back then, I was hesitant. I do not like befriending boys neither getting attached to them so much because I know, they will just leave me behind in the end. But then, Aidan was a different case.

He was there...for me.

Aidan was my safe haven. He was my comfort zone. He was my shoulder to lean on. He was my handkerchief whenever I cry so much. He was that clown who makes me happy whenever I feel down. He was...my everything. I thought.

But days pass by, I mean— not a day goes by that he wouldn't be asking me about my friend. What are her likes and dislikes. What is she doing. How is she as a friend. Or was she ever into a relationship before. I felt bad, honestly.

All I wanted was a pure friendship. A genuine one. And I thought the friendship he offered me was that one of a kind. But I was wrong.

He used me to get her.

Nung una, binalewala ko lang. Sinabi ko sa sarili ko, baka matanong lang talaga siya. Or baka ganon lang talaga kasi gusto niya pa lalo makilala si Cindy. Kaya hinayaan ko.

I let myself get fooled because I thought of him as a friend.

Tinuring ko siyang totoong kaibigan. He was as special as how Roisin and Laoise are special to me. Like how Cindy and my other friends are precious to me, I treated Aidan the same. Because I thought he was being genuine.

But then, when Cindy have decided to reject him, everything changed.

He wasn't talking to me anymore. He never even look at me whenever we bumped into each other at school. He doesn't even send me any messages anymore. We were like complete strangers.

Iniisip ko noon, maybe he was devastated and he needed time. Maybe getting rejected was that painful for him and he wanted to be alone. I tried to understand him.

But everything has fallen apart and I couldn't save anything anymore, even our friendship.

I tried reaching out to him. I've sent him numerous chats, but it always ends up na he will say he's busy kaya he couldn't talk to me. I bought it. I bought that reason and tried to make myself believe that he really is busy.

I distanced myself. I then on realized that our friendship wasn't as genuine as how I think it was. Because for him, I was just a tool. I was just a bridge so he could go to Cindy. He just befriended me because I was useful.

‡ Note: Flashback of December 16, 2019 ‡

Tahimik lang akong nakahiga and tried to sleep after talking to Pong over the phone when suddenly, my phone beeped.

I looled at it and saw Aidan's name on the notification.

What's with him right now?

I opened my messenger and cliked on his name to see his message.

Aidan replied to your story.

Aidan: John Paul 'yan?

Blythe: hu

Aidan: ha?

I sent a laughing sticker after he replied that to me.

Wala na rin ako masabi.