Chapter 23

Everyone was fighting all out since they all know what to expect. Lucy was running to the others that are fighting Zirconis.

"Everyone! I know how to stop all this!" Lucy shouted as they were still fighting the small dragons but listening to her. "How?!" Lily asked Lucy.

Lucy held her future self notebook "With this." She handed it to the princess. "It's says if the gate should be destroyed then I should cease to exist."

She nodded "Meaning by destroying the gate will alter the future meaning that Future Rogue won't have a way to travel to this time period." Lucy tells them.

"So that means the dragons and future Rogue would disappear." Miwa asked while running towards them "You came back." Naoki asked him as he nodded.

Carla looks at Lucy "It's worth a shot of trying to destroy it..." She tells the blonde wizard. "Yes but there remains a problem." Arcadios says as they look at the gate "We lack the power to destroy the gate."

Lucy shouted "Then we smash it with all the power we got!!" They looked at her "Yeah!" Miwa shouted.

To Aichi

Aichi stared at Leon as he finished explaining what is going on with the others. "So what your saying is that everyone of our friends are trying to find me?" Aichi asked.

Leon nodded "Yes, I'm glad that I found you and that your safe." He told the blue hair male. But before Aichi can answer they were all surrounded by the small dragons.

Laxus and his team looked at the small dragons "Guess we have no choice but to beat them all." He says "Yeah. Let's beat these dragons!" Evergreen shouted.

To Kai and Natsu

They were fighting future Rogue still as the three dragons were also fighting. "Go back!" Natsu shouted as he was ready to attack "To Your Own Time!!!!" Kai finished as they both attacked.

"GYAHHH!!!!"

Future Rogue regain his balance "I have no such intention!" He answered them. "Then what will happen to the Rogue of this time!" Natsu asked him.

"In time we will become one like how shadows overlap." Future Rogue answered Natsu "So you plan to steal Rogue's future too!!" Kai yelled at Future Rogue.

Future Rogue glared at the two boys "As long as Acnologia exist there is no future! That is why I came here to create it!!!" He shouted at them.

He kicked Natsu really hard as he shot a beam at Kai that hit his side. Natsu almost fell off but he grabbed onto the dragon "...Frosch..." Kai asked.

Future Rogue stared at Kai "He's dead." He answered Kai "But here...he's alive..." Kai told him. Natsu climbed back up "But here he's in danger...because of you..." Natsu told him.

Lector stood in front of Frosch "I'll protect you." He told the little cute exceed.

"Frosch is going to die either way, in about a year." Future Rogue told them. "You couldn't protect him!" Kai shouted as his body was surrounded by flames "I couldn't."

Kai looked at Future Rogue in the eyes "He's alive now!" He told him. "Regardless, I'm no longer the man that plays around with cats." Future Rogue tells him.

Natsu was pissed "You son of-" Natsu was cut off by him "You two are mere strangers to despair...how would you know!" Future Rogue tells them as he is ready to attack.

Shadow and light combine together ready to hit both Kai and Natsu. They glared at him ready to attack him too "Even with the hope I managed to grab! You two still stand in my way!"

Kai and Natsu jumped in the air "Your so called Hope is to throw the past into despair!" Natsu shouted. Motherglare was still fighting with Dragonic Overlord and Atlas.

"Equally for everyone is nothing but a pipe dream!" He shouted at them. "Even if that's true...we all have our own choice to choose our future!!" Kai attacked him.

Kai and Natsu tried their best to dodge the beams that were going straight at them. "We should be allowed to walk the path we choose! Not the future you decided for us!" Kai shouted.

Future Rogue glared at him "Your still fighting for the sake of Aichi Sendou!" He shouted as he still attacked them "Not for just Aichi but for everyone's future!!!" Kai told him.

"Natsu!!!/Kai!!!"

Both Dragonic Overlord and Flame Atlas lend them both power "We don't need to know what's coming tomorrow!!!" Natsu shouted as both Kai and Natsu came at Future Rogue.

"So We Can Live Today To The Fullest!!!!" Both of them shouted at the same time as they hit Future Rogue combining their flames together "UNISON RAID! DRAGON HELL FLAMES OF APOCALYPSE!!!"

"GYAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

At the Gate

Lucy and the others were exhausted from trying to destroy the gate "This gate is really hard to break..." Lucy tells them as her spirits agreed.

Happy looked up "Eh?" He said as he was scared "EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM THE GATE!!! GET AWAY!!!" Happy shouted.

The gate was destroyed by both Natsu and Kai strength of defeating Future Rogue. Both guys were panting heavily and exhausted also badly hurt.

"The gate broke!" Lucy and Happy cheered happily.

To be continued