Chapter 3

Storm's POV

I roamed the mall looking for some new clothes.  I went from store to store but I honestly didn't see anything I liked. I just wasn't in the mood to go home so I came here. I sighed as I walked out the store empty handed. I'm so bored.

"Hey Storm" I heard behind me. I turned to see Peyton, someone who's always been in my class since kindergarten. We didn't talk to each other much, nor were friends. But she's pretty nice.

"Hey Peyton" I say to her

"Hey Peyton" I say to her. She smiles awkwardly and plays with her fingers. Peyton was a pretty girl. Brown haired girl with glasses. She had the looks and the smarts. The whole package.

"I was just about to get a smoothie in the food court. Would you like to join me?" She asks sweetly. Well...why not. It's not like I have anything better to do.

"Sure, I guess" I say to her. A smoothie wouldn't hurt. We walk towards the food court and order two smoothies, once we get our drink, we find a seat at a empty table. We sip our drinks in silent and I avoid eye contact. Well, this is awkward.

"So, how've you been?" She asks breaking the silence.

"I've been fine, just living. How about you?" I ask her.

"I've been ok, just been working hard so I can help my mom out. She's been working two jobs now to provide more for me and my brother" she says. Her mother was one of the most nicest women I've ever known. Her and my mother were good friends growing up. She breaks every bone in her body just so her kids can live a comfortable life and not have to worry about anything. Thats a strong women.

"That's good. Your mom is amazing" I say and take another sip of my drink.

"How's your mom?" She asks.

"She's good. She's always working" I say and she nods and looks down. We sit there quietly for a few minutes.

"So I've seen on your social media you had a ton of fun this summer. Even with Star, how was that?" She asked brightly, pushing her glasses up.

"It was so much fun. Star convinced my mom to let me stay in Arizona for the whole summer. Almost everyday we were doing something" I say smiling widely, as memories started to come back.

"I see how happy you were in those pictures. It's probably the most happiest I've ever seen you" she says. I look down and nod. She was right.

"Look Storm, I know we weren't always friends but we have known each other for a very long time. Which also means I know you, and I know how you are. I can see that you aren't your happiest here" she says and I give her a look.

"How would you know that?" I ask her.

"Well one, your body language says a lot. You frown often, you always walk with your hands stuck to your sides, you slouch as you walk, and your eyes tend to be glued to the floor" she says.

"How do you-?"

"I observe you Storm. And I have for a very long time" she says and I sighed.

"You see right through me Peyton. So what if I'm not the happiest here, I live here. This is my home" I say to her.

"Sometimes home isn't a place. Home can be people as well" she said with a little smile. Home can be people as well....that echoed in my head. I sat there and stared at the table. Was she right? My thoughts were interrupted by her phone going off.

"Oh I'm sorry Storm. I'm gonna have to cut our little hang out short. I have to pick up my brother from his friends house. If you want? I can give you a ride" she says standing up. I look at her and smile.

"Sure" I say and get up as well. We walk out the mall with our drinks and to her car. Once we get in, she drives off.

"Hey Peyton?" I say to her and she glances at me.

"Yea Storm?" She says.

"Thank you" I say to her and she smiles at me, I smiled back. Minutes later, we reached my house.

"Thanks Peyton" I say to her unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Anytime Storm" she says waving.

"We should hang out again" I say to her. She blushes a bit and nods.

"Sure, id like that. See you at school tomorrow" she says and I wave at her. I get out the car and walk towards my door.

I walk in and look around. Hmm I guess my mom isn't home. I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the table. Dinner is in the microwave, had a late appointment, see you tonight. Love you, be safe. I put the note down and walk up to my room. I take a quick shower then walk over to my closet. I put on a pair of shorts then a hoodie. I look down and notice it's Josh's hoodie. I smiled and brought it to my nose as his scent lingered on it.

It feels like I'm in his arms.