Chapter 44

Storm's POV

"Melo, why'd you call me over here?" I ask Melo as I enter his rented house that he had for his stay. I was just with Josh before he left for his game when Melo blew up my phone saying "Emergency, emergency".

"Finallyyy you're here!" He says yelling.

"So what's up?" I ask him taking a seat on his bed.

"I need your help" he says and turns around to face me, with his hands on his hips.

"With?"

"I have a date tonight" he says and burst out into laughter. He looks at me confused and my laughter slowly dies down.

"Oh your serious?" I say to him.

"No shit Sherlock. Now if you're done being an ass, I need your help on what to do and wear" he says.

"Wait, when did all of this happen?" I ask him.

"Yesterday when I was going to shoot some hoops. I saw this girl jogging and man was she fineee" he says licking his lips thinking to himself. I rolled my eyes laughing. Only Melo man.

"Sooo, continue" I say waiting to hear the story.

"I called her over and told her I found her attractive, at first she wasn't interested but then I told her I'd take her out. She hesitated but of course came to her senses and agreed. Like Cmon now, who would say no to me" he says and I roll my eyes at his cockiness. Again, only Melo.

"Alright so, where are you guys going?" I ask him.

"Don't know"

"What time is your date?" I ask him.

"In a hour" he says and I gasp.

"You're telling me, you asked her out not knowing where or what you guys will be doing?" I ask him.

"You know, it sounds bad when you say it out loud" he says pointing at me. I shake my head at him.

"So where do I come in, in all of this" I say motioning the situation with my hand gestures. Cause it doesn't make sense.

"First thing is your gonna pick a place" he says and my mouth falls open. He's lucky he's my best friend, I would've left a long time ago.

"Take her to the movies. Pick a movie that's funny, maybe a bit action with a little romance in it" I say to him. He stands there thinking before nodding his head.

"Ok that works, do I have to buy everything?" He asks and I face palm.

"Who's taking who out Melo?" I ask him in a duh tone.

"Ugh you're right. Ok now outfit, I gotta show her what she was about to miss out on" he says. I roll my eyes at his comment and walk over to his closet. I go through a few clothes when I see these nice pair of ripped jeans.

"Wear these jeans" I say giving them to him. He nods and puts them on. I then look for a shirt.

"Should I wear my shirt from my brand?" He asks standing behind me.

"No, it'll make it seem like you're full of yourself. Girls don't really like that" I say to him and he sighs. I find this nice Supreme shirt in black and give it to him.

"Put this on" I say to him. I then bend down and look at his shoes that's laid out on the closet floor. Hmm let's see. I scan through them before I pull out his black and red Yeezy 350 and hand them to him.

"And these" I say to him. He puts them on and stands up. I stand there looking at him up and down. He's missing a few things.

"We aren't done yet" I say pointing. I walk over to his dresser and look at his jewelry. I grab his gold chain and toss it to him.

"Aye, be careful girl. This wasn't cheap" he says catching it. I giggled and turn back at him.

"Help me put this on" he says standing up. He gives me the chain and leans down so he can match my height. I walk up to him and help him put his chain on. I take a glance at him as he's already looking at me.

"You know, you're really pretty" he says and I laughed a bit.

"Tell me something I don't know Mel" I say and he kisses his teeth.

"I take the compliment back" he says and I laughed again.

"I'm kidding, but thank you" I said smiling. He then leans to my ear.

"But you're not better looking then me" He says and I push him as we both laughed. He was still missing something......got it!"

"Oh, and wear this" I say grabbing his black and red flannel. He puts it on then looks in the mirror. He turns side to side before nodding his head.

"Looks like I'm ready for my date" he says and I nod.

"You're welcome" I say taking a seat on his bed.

"I'll take you out next as a thank you for helping me" he says to me which causes me to laugh.

"Who said I wanted to go on a date with you LaMelo?" I ask him and he turns around and gives me a look.

"It's not a date, it's us hanging out. Plus, you gotta match my fly in order to get a date with me" he says smirking, while folding his arms. I burst out into laughter as I looked at him. This clown lol.

"Boy if you don't go sit your ass down. You gotta match my fly to get anything from me. Be lucky that you can say we're best friends" I said to him and he scratches his head.

"Yea whatever you say Storm" he says snickering to himself. He grabs his phone and I'm guessing he's texting the girl.

"Alright, time to go" he says. I stand up and we walk out of his room.

"You know, the outfit is pretty neat" Melo says as we walk down the stairs.

"It's that Storm drip" I say to him laughing. We put our shoes on then I sigh.

"Alright, have fun on your date. Don't chew loudly cause you always do that, censor some of your jokes because you joking about something can be serious to her, so be careful about what you say, and smile more" I say giving him some advice. He smiles at me and nods.

"What would I do with you" he says. I smile and we pull each other in for a hug.

"Bye be safe" I say to him.

"Yea you too" he says. As we pull away, our heads turn in the same direction causing our lips to accidentally touch. We kiss and instantly push each other off. We stand there in shock and my heart starts to beat fast.

Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit!