Chapter 43

Storm's POV

"Josh" I called out. Nothing.

"Josh!" I said a bit louder. Still nothing.

"JOSH CHRISTOPHER!" I yelled from the top of my lungs. He jumps up and holds his head.

"Why are you yelling?" He says tiredly.

"Get up, we need to talk" I say to him. He rubs his eyes and yawns.

"Can this please wait, I'm so tired Storm" he says and I look at his face. He really is tired.

"No it can't Josh" I say to him. He sighs and gets up to use the bathroom. I walk to the living room and sit on the couch waiting for him. Soon enough he walks in and takes a seat across from me.

"Why are you so far, c'mere" he says and motions his finger at me. I tried to resist but I really couldn't. I walk over to him and he pulls me onto his lap.

"What's on your mind Storm?" He says lowly.

"Why didn't you show up for our date last night?" I ask him. His face freezes and he looks down.

"I-I totally forgot Storm. Something came up and I got caught in it" he says. I looked down as tears came to the brim of my eyes.

"Yea, Cali came up" I said lowly.

"Storm I'm so sorry I-"

"Why?" I ask him.

"She was going through it at home and called me crying when I was coming home from practice. I went over there to make sure she was good" he says looking at me.

"Josh, you don't always gotta attend her pity cry of help everytime something happens" I say to him. My tears slowly started to fall. I couldn't hold them any longer

"Pity cry? Storm she has it hard at home" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Ok and are you her only friend? She can call anyone" I say now remembering Crystal and Denise. Her so called best friends.

"I'm the only one who knows" he says and I sighed.

"So you don't answer your phone and ditch me for Cali, got it" I say as I was about to stand up but he pulls me back down.

"My phone died, and I didn't ditch you" he says.

"You could've charged your phone. And you didn't have to stay at her house" I say to him.

"I didn't have my charger. And I didn't intend to, her parents invited me in to talk" he says. I honestly feel like he's covering up the fact that he still ditched me. It's like Cali is always put before me. That's why I'm so upset.

"Bullshit Josh" I said to him and he kissed his teeth.

"What'd you want me to do? Say no to her parents and leave?" He asks. I laugh and look at him like he's crazy.

"Yes Josh. That's exactly what I wanted you to do" I say to him. He was now starting to get me angry. When did he become so dumb? I wiped my face, but that caused more tears to fall. Ugh I don't like crying.

"You know I'm not disrespectful like that Storm" he says.

"You could've announced that you were needed somewhere Josh. There is so many things that you could've done for last night not to flop. You're still not seeing what the big issue is" I say to him and he crosses his arms.

"Which is what?" He asks.

"That Cali wants you! She does all of this because she wants you. If her best friends were really her best friends, she could've called them for help. But noooo she calls you every time and you always come running" I say to him.