Cover Boy

Katsuki Bakugo's pov:

I looked out of the window for the last time before being pushed out of the door leading away from the people, Uraraka and the two adults behind me. A man wearing high heels and a black fedora greeted us and showed us through a series of doors and turns.

After counting up to 25 doors and about 13 turns, I'd given up trying to memorise the way as the man continued on his winding journey to our destination.

Disassociating for a few minutes before Uraraka woke me up, I looked around.

There were two doors in front of us.

Both had star plaques on them. One with the name 'Sir Nighteye', and the other one held the name 'Bubble Girl'.

"Ochaco Uraraka, you'll be styled by Bubble Girl, and Katsuki Bakugo, you'll be attended to by Sir Nighteye. I have more tributes to show to their dressing room so if you'll excuse me..." At that, he then walked past us and back out through the impossible corridor maze.

"That man sure is strange..." I heard the girl beside me say. Nodding, I pushed the door in front of me forwards.

"Uh... Sir Nighteye?" I called out to the seemingly empty room. There was a beat of silence before I felt my arms being attacked by a feather of some sort.

Now I wasn't the ticklish type so this didn't make me cry out into a fit of laughter which I think disappointed the person behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing to me?" Irritated, I stepped away from the person and saw that the culprit was a tall man with green and yellow hair. He wore a suit and looked as though one of his eyes had a purple pattern on it.

"You seem to not have any interest in laughing. How disappointing..." Hearing him mutter that only ticked me off more.

"Hey, old man! Aren't you supposed to be dressing me up in some fancy shit instead of trying to make me humiliate myself!" Loosing my cool, I yelled at him, my filter decided to break.

"Please calm down, young man. I will get to that."

"You'd better..." I muttered under my breath before being led to a side room. Peeking inside, I saw a bathtub and a set of tools that I assumed were for cleaning.

"Get in the bathtub and I'll clean you off as your clearly never had a proper bath back in District 12..." The way he said my hometown with disgust made me even angrier but I held my tongue as I wanted to get myself prettier up as soon as possible. If I did that I'd be out of it sooner right?

"Now you seem more the vicious kind so I'll go with something extravagant and bold. As you know, we can add special effects to your costumes so I'm thinking explosions coming from your hands. How about that?" He asked as I stripped out of my mucky clothes.

"I guess so... that does sound pretty cool I have to admit. Will it be intimidating to the their tributes?" Ignoring his presence, I got into the bath, fully naked and waited for an answer.

"Of course. I don't think anyone else would think of something so bold and dangerous. And we could also formulate your outfit from that idea. I could include large gauntlets on your arms, and mini grenades on a belt, also, I could have an explosion head piece! Oh you're going to look magnificent!" Rolling my eyes, I let him clean me and dry me off.

Time for the outfit...

"This outfit will be one with several parts to it so we'll have to wait a few minutes for all the pieces to arrive from the tailors and artists."

———————————————————

So apparently a few minutes turned into a few hours...

By the time we had everything, we were running mega behind on the schedule. We had to be by the chariots in about half an hour!

"Ok. Put the basic clothes on first like the shirt and the trousers. And then follow up the the belt and the arm braces and gloves, the out the socks on, finally everything else but make sure you put the gauntlets on last. Got it?" The man left the room, presumably to talk with his neighbouring stylist who was possibly still working on my teammate's outfit.

I managed the actual clothing first.

Grabbing what I assumed was the top, I looked at it critically before nodding and putting it on quickly. I did the same for the baggy trousers and the arm braces and gloves.

I loved the green, orange, and black colour scheme...

I then put on the socks and the big heavy combat boots with the orange laces. Struggling with the mask, I gave up and started fiddling with the headpiece. Definitely easier than the mask. How the fuck was it supposed to go on without straps or adhesive?!

After putting on everything I could, I waited for Sir Nighteye to return.

———————————————————

10 minutes later, he returned and frantically helped me with my mask and gauntlets. Thankfully he allowed me to look at myself in the mirror before I left.

Glancing at me, I decided that I'd put on eyeliner myself so I grabbed the stick from the cupboard and did it as neat as I could.

Admiring my handiwork in the mirror, I came back out to greet the tall stylist again.

"I added eyeliner because I thought it would make my eyes bolder and look more intimidating to those other tribute cowards." Smirking a little, I saw him chuckled before patting me on the back.

"Ever used eyeliner before, young man?" He asked quietly.

"Do you think we had eyeliner in District 12? Of course not! This is my first time and I didn't have time to ask you." Crossing my arms, I walked to the door.

"You'd be a successful makeup artist here kid." He admitted.

"Thanks I guess..." I said quietly as we made our way down to the chariots...