Ground Zero

Katsuki Bakugo's pov:

Standing in the slow lift next to Sir Nighteye, we prepared to face the other tributes that were picked out of hundreds to face each other. I looked up and watched as the numbers gradually went down and down. As District 12, we had the penthouse suite on the top of the building so it took much longer to reach the ground floor.

"What's your purpose?" The question was simple... but the answer was not.

"What? You mean my purpose in the games? Or the purpose for acting like I do?" Without looking his way, I responded.

"Both. Why are you the way you are? And why do you seem so invested in the games?" This time I turned around to glare at him.

"The way I am? What... like my anger issues? I can't help it since my mother fucking died and my father treated me like I wasn't there! The only person I could confide in was Uraraka. And now, because of these stupid games, she could die. And then what will I have left? A shitty victor partner who will probably be the one who killed her! And then you wonder why my attitude is a pile of stinking crap! Think next time before you ask a dumbass question like that, Sir Dipshit." Crossing my arms, I turned to look out through the glass elevator at the still nearing ground.

People looked like ants from up here.

"Baku-"

"Don't talk to me."

Silence encompassed the elevator for the entire time before we hit the ground floor. Once the doors opened, I was up and out, plodding my feet heavily against the marble floor.

"We need to-"

"I know where I'm going, old man." Ignoring him again, I made my way to our designated car, mentally facepalming because it was the last one there.

How would the other districts see us if we arrived late? Probably like we were trying to make a dramatic entrance. I wouldn't even do that there, there isn't an audience to make excited. Just the stupid districts I'd have to take down to secure my victory.

Getting into the car, I saw Sir Dipshit walk up slowly. I manoeuvred my way to the opposite side and strapped in, waiting for my stylist to say goodbye.

"Goodbye, Bakugo. I shall watch your parade and root for you from the penthouse suite with your teammate's team too. Good luck, and knock them dead." Nodding his head, he spun on his heel and walked back inside, presumably to go back to the suite.

Well... you heard the man.

Knock 'em dead.

———————————————————

Slamming the doors open, I saw Uraraka walk up to me.

"Nice costume, bubble." I said, making my way to the chariot that had no occupants.

"Bubble?" She asked, questionably.

"New nickname. Don't like it? I don't give a fuck." She laughed, and I turned around, eyes falling onto a person behind her.

Ever heard of love at first sight?

Because that's what it felt like.

His features looked so soft but I saw the potential for hatred and fire in them. His hair was the most beautiful shade of red, and was spiked up but still made him look cute. He smiled and I could see through it but it allowed me to see the sharp shape of his teeth that definitely didn't look normal. Those could be good for ripping people's throats out. He looked like a killing machine that had the cutest disguise on. And then he looked my way.

I turned away and pretended to not notice him stating until a few seconds later when he acknowledged that I was looked right at him.

Suddenly an idea came into my head and with a sly smirk, I mouthed the following words at him:

"Take a picture. It'll last longer."

At that, his entire face erupted into a blush and turned to look out at the archway. I chuckled quietly and got myself ready on the chariot that Uraraka had just hopped onto.

"Let's do this, Bubble. Also... see that guy over there with the red spiky hair? Yeah?" She nodded. "Well, if either one of us dies, he's the one the other wins with. If I die, you keep him and yourself alive. If you die, I'll do the same. I can see he has potential and we will be his allies. Ok? You got that?" She nodded once more.

"Good. I'll talk to him during training tomorrow."

And just as I told her what we were doing, the first chariot was off.

———————————————————

Under the archway we went...

The roaring of the crowd suddenly became unmistakably apparent and I had to attempt to block them out if I wanted to keep my hearing.

As soon as we were in the line of sight, I set of a couple of explosions from my hands and I saw Uraraka start her floating rocks.

The audience went mental at the sight of us. I saw our faces on the big screens on either side of us. I snarled, showing my teeth and set off another couple of explosions to prove my point.

I'm not to be messed with.

And they seemed to get that because a few people looked like they were scared of me.

Nearing the end of the parade, all the chariots formed two lines. Fortunately for us, District 8 was right next to us, the red-haired boy standing comfortably in it.

I looked towards him and caught his eye. He didn't look away and neither did I. Both of us too stubborn to back down from a challenge. In this case, a staring contest. Fucking bring it, Shitty Hair!

We stayed like that for a few minutes, neither one of us looked away for fear of loosing. That is... until his gaze began to fall lower and lower and lower until I finally realised what he was staring at.
He seemed to notice to as he blushed profusely and looked away, loosing in the meantime.

Hah. Pussy.

The president continued his stupid speech as we both zoned out, thinking about each other.

He's winning with me, no doubt about it.