Scores Announced II

Katsuki Bakugo's pov:

Eijiro had just gone through to be assessed and examined. It was now quite lively. That figure that said the bad meme earlier was now going on about this stupid superpowers alternate universe. Asking random tributes things like, "what would your quirk be?", and "would you want to be a hero or a villain?".

He came up to me with both of those questions and without turning to face him, I said two words in response.

"Explosion. Hero."

Seemingly satisfied with my answer, he moved into Uraraka, asking the same meaningless questions in an attempt to make small talk. I hate small talk. Why bother filling silence with talking when you have nothing interesting to talk about?

The boy continued to walk around and ask people different questions, sometimes coming up to me with a few new ones and then moving on. This routine continued for almost the entire ten minutes Eijiro was in the training room.

"Toru Hagakure."

Thank fuck for that. I don't know how long I could've lasted without some kind of distraction. At least now I could think about the different weapons and unique ways to use them. So many people think that each blade, arrow, or rope has one purpose. But no. There are inori nite possibilities in that training room, all because of the l wide variety that anyone could only dream of having.

Speaking of dreams, I was so lost in thought that I didn't realise when Uraraka came closer and sat down.

"You've got it bad for Eijiro, Katsuki. When're you gonna confess? He clearly likes you back, so what's there to lose?" She reaches over and patted my thigh with her right hand.

"Either do it before we go in or do it as soon as we are safe in the arena from pursuers. If you die before then or you chicken out, you won't be able to even tell him personally how you felt. How you still feel. Got that? Promise me?" I nodded curtly in response and continued to stare at he ground and fiddle absentmindedly with my fingers and nails.

"Hey, stop that." I heard Uraraka hold my hand and I finally looked up from my fixed haze. My fingers were digging into my arm, so hard, it had caused a little blood to seep out.

"Oh shit... that won't look good for the examination..." I responded emotionlessly and she mhmed before turning back to whatever she was doing. I looked around the room and decided to analyse the remaining tributes a few more times while about 5 people were sent in.

As I was dead last, I had to wait for everyone to finish their assessments before I could go in. It was a hassle, yes, but it gave me a chance to think over what I was going to pull off.

Several more minutes of thinking later, it was now Uraraka's turn.

"Ochaco Uraraka."

Looking towards the only other tribute in the room, I saw her get up and nod st me before walking through the door.

Now I really was alone.

I hoped Eijiro got at least a 10... because if he didn't, people would definitely target him for his threat to everyone. If he didn't pull of getting a double digit score, then we weren't going to be taken seriously. Including me. I'd have to pull of something spectacular in order to seem dangerous and skilled to the others.

"Katsuki Bakugo."

The call came quicker than I thought but I pushed the thought aside and stormed through the hall to reach the training room. Slamming them open, I got the attention of the judges up in their little hidey-hole with an invisible shield in front of it.

"Katsuki Bakugo. Here for assessment."

They nodded and I turned around, a smirk coming to my lips as I saw what was on the wall. The perks of being last was that I was able to see what everyone left behind. This peacekeeper uniform was hung on the wall by the spear that had been shot through the heart. Various throwing knives were dotted around in lethal positions but the sword through the genitals and the hip made it a hell of a lot funnier.

Huffing a laugh, I processed the possible weapons and came up with a plan to absolutely terrify the judges.

I scattered various mannequins around the room, some behind pillars and gathered my desired weapons. Knives, a spear, a sword, and even a few darts.

Then I began to run.

I ran in a specific pattern picking of the mannequins one by one in an attempt to seem stealthy and silent. The harder the shots became, the more I could hear the judges exclaim in awe and shock.

I came to the last one and stabbed the sword in its genitals like the other one on the wall. Then I went to grab red paint and drew the symbol we'd designed to paint or carve on every kill by us. The Red Dagger. We would be a killing power every one of us. No one would be safe from the bloodied blade...

Taking the mannequin I'd stabbed and painted on, I brought it to the front and hooked a rope around its neck, looping it up on the ceiling and stringing it up to look as though it was hung.

Leaving it there and admiring my handiwork, I turned around to face the terrified judges. With a sinister smile, I bowed low and thanked them for their precious time.

———————————————————

"Hello, Capitol, and welcome to this year's training results!" I heard the familiar Amos Flickerman start up with his introduction but ignored him as Uraraka and I held each other's hand with a grip as unyielding as The Red Dagger's determination.

"Momo Yaoyorozu. 9." He started of by listing the names of the tributes and their scores. For the vast majority of it, I closed my eyes and listened to them only Caron about the three numbers necessary to our survival.

Please do good Eijiro. You better have or we'll be targeted.

"Tamaki Amajiki. 7."

So that's what his teammate could do... not very much apparently. I bet you Eijiro was sitting in silence, waiting for his own before continuing to listen on for our scores. Thank fuck we were last. Sarcasm.

"Eijiro Kirishima."

Both Uraraka and I sat on the edge of our seats as we awaited what would hope to be a high number.

"12."

Did I hear that right? My teammate got the highest score possible? FUCK YEAH! Of course he did! I don't know why I ever doubted at all. Everyone besides us hearing these results is bound to be genuinely terrified of us now.

I continued to listen to the other scores, blood filled with adrenaline already, until we reached the end of District 11's scores. They weren't that high.

"Ochaco Uraraka. 10." She smiled and hugged me as we waited for the next result to come through.

"Katsuki Bakugo."

I listened a heck of a lot closer just in case I missed what came next.

"12."

No words can describe the elated feelings I had running through my body. Two twelves and a ten was surely a formidable trio to come across. Even during Katniss's games the highest was 11 and her enemies were around 10 and 9. We were definitely going to win this. No way were we going to let our odds go to waste. Surely we'd get a lot of sponsors being the only pre-determined alliance, the one ones with a 12 scoring, and the only ones who seemed to have won the audience's hearts.

If you even think anyone else stood a chance... you were dead fucking wrong. We were going to wipe out the competition like they were flies on our food. Little do they know... they were both the flies and our food...