The Traitor's End II

Katsuki Bakugo's pov:

That bastard!

What was he thinking? Threatening Ei with the death of mine?! There's no way that this split-second decision could work out for Broccoli. It had too many factors in our favour.

Broccoli's ally was pinned to a tree, while mine was standing up, able to pounce and move him away from me in any second.

Broccoli had me in a chokehold, knife against my throat, while I had astronomical odds and training experience on my life. They've helped me so far, why not now?

Gritting my teeth, I looked up at my red-haired boyfriend to see the burning hatred for my captor in his ruby eyes.

"E-Ei..." I tried to speak but Broccoli only pushed the knife further against my throat, cutting my airway off.

I tried to take a sharp intake of air but the knife was still in the way, choking me.

"Hey! Let up! I won't kill your girlfriend so let him go! He's going to die!" Eijiro screamed when he realised how at a disadvantage I was in this position.

Thanks for believing in my, I guess...

Slamming my head back, I heard a crack and a scream of pain as I struggled out of Brocolli's loosening arms. But as soon as I was free, his hand grabbed my face, covering my mouth and nose to once again stop my breathing. Pulling me back, I elbowed his stomach and kicked out, hoping to God that I hit something painful and when he howled in agony I knew just what I had attacked.

Smiling, I stood up and punched the vegetable's face which caused him to fall to the floor.

"Well, you handled that well..." Ei said, shock plastered on his face that was soon replaced by an endearing smirk, "I knew you had that in you."

All of a sudden, a soft melody fell on our eager ears and we knew what that meant in mere seconds.

A sponsorship.

But for who?

Was it for us?

Or for the unfortunate couple that was caught off guard by the highest scorers?

Glancing up, I saw the silver parachute above our heads, going in Uraraka's direction first, then it hovered over our head before going closer to Broccoli's fallen figure. As both of our hearts sank, the parachute drifted in the wind and it fell at my feet.

Staring down at it, Ei reached down to pick it up.

"What does it say?" I asked Eijiro, anticipation wracking my bones so much that I hopped towards him. 

"'Unbreakable, I'm very sorry about the loss of one of your team members. I truly believe that you should never have to experience anything like that again. I still remember your brother's eager smile and cunning mind, Kirishima. I see so much of him in you. Continue the good work, and I hope this little something helps!' Aw... it's from Midnight, my stylist." He said, looking up at me, small tears forming in his eyes.

"I didn't know you had a brother," I spoke, cautiously, unconsciously knowing the answer but not wanting to expect it.

"Oh, I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. My older brother, Ariko Kirishima, was killed by the District 1 female last year in the games. That's why I volunteered to take my sister's place. To exact revenge over every district for the loss of him. But then, I met you... and my reason for fighting changed... it was to protect you and the something special we have together." His tears then began to fall.

"Come here, baby..." I whispered and for the second time that day, we gave each other a bone-crushing hug. Mere seconds later, Ei lifted his head off my shoulder and wiped his tears.