Behind The Scenes

Previously on the 87th Annual Hunger Games...

Momo Yaoyorozu of District 1 fell into the huge hands of Mezo Shoji of District 3 while injured...

Denki Kaminari and Hanta Sero of District 5 died in the foolish way of accidental suicide. By none other than smoking of poisonous berries.

Ochaco Uraraka of District 12 ran away with Izuku Midoriya of District 4, leaving her previous teammates Katsuki Bakugo of District 12 and Eijiro Kirishima of District 8.

Now... the people you've all been waiting for...

Amos Flickerman and Patton Gerard!

A cacophony of claps and hoots could be heard from the audience in front of the stage where the highlights of the Games were just playing.

"Hello, hello! Welcome, all who have made the journey to the studio today! I'm here with my good old friend Patton Gerard to talk about this year's range of tributes and the horrifying scenes already played out this year at their hands! Say hello, Patton!" Amos said, strutting over to his two white seats, aligned in the centre of the stage.

'Hello, Capitol and those in the districts watching in your houses and squares!" Patton, a dark-green-haired man, followed Amos, not quite as gracefully, and sat down in the chair opposite.

"We've seen quite a series of events this year, haven't we, folks?" There was a loud, collective 'yes', "and you all want to know what we think, don't you?" Another 'yes' was heard resonating around the vast room.

"Well, have we got a treat for them, am I right, Amos?" Patton said, glancing at the other presenter who firmly nodded in response.

"Indeed we do, Patton."

"I suppose we should start all the way with Momo Yaoyorozu's highlights. She died so early on in the Games, just on Day 2... We must give her our utmost respect for her tragic end. Patton, what was your favourite moment with her?" Amos said, continuing with his improvised mental script.

"Well, I might have to say in the Bloodbath when she cussed at Katsuki Bakugo after he broke her left arm. That showed me how mean she could really be. It was a deep delve into her real personality. I love it when that happens, the tributes showing their true colours." Patton said while glancing off into the audience as though he were reminiscing on the scene.

"My personal favourite was when she was running away from the Cornucopia as fast as she could so she could save not only herself, bu Shoto Todoroki too. She knew that if she fell behind, that he, too, would stay behind for her sake. We knew from their individual interviews that they were together and madly in love so he would want them to die together too. Now... enough of that, let's talk about the next tribute, Shoto Todoroki. What was your favourite moment of his, Patton?" Amos asked, giving this talk was one of his favourite parts of the whole games. He could share with the world, the gossip that went on behind the scenes while those he was talking about were killing each other daily.

"Mine was when he protected Yaoyorozu in the cave from infection. He used his sharp brain to realise that they were both Capitol favourites but sadly their medicine came a day too late and when he had returned, his love was lying cold and dead in front of him. His valiant spirit and smarts were shown in this scene." The shorter, green-haired man responded.

"Good choice... mine was definitely when he was fighting Ochaco Uraraka in the Bloodbath, armed with just his fists. He showed great perseverance through the tough struggles and the intense heat. We can safely say that he will be missed."