Chapter 13 - Going to Namek

As I land at Dr Briefs massive house, I see him outside underneath a large metal sphere. I walk up to him and he almost bangs his head on the bottom.

"Ah! Are you Alpha? Bulma told me about you. It's nice to meet you. I'm just finishing the ship and it'll be ready for you to go after the others to Namek," he says.

I nod, unsure of what to say. Sat down in front of them, I can see incredible sights. Flying machines like metal birds. Huge, roaring beasts rolling on black circles with glass in them and people using them from the inside. In just one glance in any direction, I can see more people than I've ever seen before in my life. When Dr Briefs is finally done, I'm relieved.

"Thank you Dr Briefs. I'll leave now," I say. I climb inside and a square shows up with Dr Briefs' face on it. He speaks and his voice comes out of a hidden source.

"Alright Alpha, everything is ready to go. Press the button on the wall next to you and you'll take off," he says.

I see it, I press it, and the ship shakes violently as I leave Earth. The planet quickly goes out of sight and I can see the sun slowly growing bigger.

Dr Briefs face shows up on the square again. "So, Alpha, you'll be passing the sun soon and I thought I should tell you that I put in a gravity setting. It goes up to a hundred times Earth's normal gravity, so be careful."

I can't believe it. That would be ten times King Kai's planet! "Well, now's as good a time as ever to start training for whatever could be waiting for me on Namek," I answer.

"Just be careful. If you go straight up to 100g, it'll kill you. So take it slow. You have 6 days before you get to Namek. Good luck for now." His face disappears.

I walk over to the buttons and nobs labelled 'gravity controls'. Alright Alpha. You have 6 days to get to 100g. You can do this.

—————

Everyone has finally landed on Namek. Bulma is the first to leave the ship and look around.

"Wow. The grass is blue and the water and sky is green. It's the opposite of Earth," she admires. Quickly, a pair of soldiers wearing the same kind of armour Vegeta was flies over to them, holding guns. Bulma screams and runs inside, while everyone else prepares to fight.

"Well well well. Who are you funny lookin creatures?" the large one taunts.

"Don't bother with them, Appule, they probably can't understand you," the colourful one says.

Goku gets into a fighting position. "So, are you guys enemies, or are you going to leave us alone?"

They both growl and aim their guns, but Goku appears behind them and chops their necks. He leaves them unconscious.

They find a cave and set up their camp their, but Bulma finds a problem.

"Guys? There's a problem. There are already four dragon balls gathered together, on the move and they're right in front of us." Everyone runs outside and sees hundreds of ships going across the sky. Goku and Krillin are terrified of their power.

When they've finally gone, Krillin turns to Goku. "Goku, did you feel that? They were so strong! But that guy at the front... he was stronger than anything we've ever seen! Goku?"

Goku's face is pale and angry and he looks down at his fist. "We've come at a bad time."