Chapter 16 - Vegeta's rath

After some rest, Zarbon walks into Frieza's room. "The deed is done Lord Frieza. Vegeta is currently lying at the bottom of a lake."

Frieza doesn't turn around. "Zarbon, I have reason to believe that Vegeta got his hands on a dragon ball. So, if you want to see the end of today, I suggest you bring him to me as soon as you can." Zarbon looks terrified and flies out of the ship.

"Maybe I'll just lay low until Frieza leaves. Dammit! What do I do?" He sees Vegeta lying at the edge of the lake and smiles. "Looks like today is my lucky day." He flies down to Vegeta and takes him back to Frieza's ship.

—————

70g

I'm training in the ship when I hear a voice in my head.

"Alpha! This is King Kai. I'm talking to you through telepathy. I need to warn you. On Namek is a dengerous alien called Frieza. He is one of the strongest in the universe and you must absolutely stay away from him!"

I'm shocked at what I hear. Goku and the others could be in big trouble. It's just our luck to go to Namek right as the most dangerous person in the universe is there.

"Ok King Kai. I'll try to keep everyone away from Frieza, but there's a chance I might have to fight him. Bye for now."

If I might have to fight this Frieza, I need to quicken my pace. I turn it up to 80g.

—————

Vegeta is in a healing pod, but suddenly wakes up. The pod explodes and Vegeta steps out. Doctors run to him but he kills them all. He walks out of the room.

"I don't know how I got here, but it's the perfect chance to take Frieza's dragon balls." He sends a blast down the hall, destroying several guards and Zarbon comes running, so Vegeta hides in another room.

"Yes... go look for me everywhere Zarbon. But I'll be in your own ship the whole time!" he whispers.

When Zarbon is finally gone, he comes out and runs to Frieza's room, who is already gone. He sees five dragon balls in the middle of the room and laughs to himself. "Yes! Haha! That's the whole set completed! Immortality is mine!" He throws them out the window and they all land in the same lake he hid another one earlier. Sending one last ki blast to blow up a portion of the ship, he takes his leave.

Krillin, Goku and Gohan watch the whole thing.

"Gohan and Krillin, I need you to go back and watch the dragon ball. When Vegeta finds out we stole his dragon ball, he'll be furious," Goku explains. Gohan and Krillin fly away. Goku follows Vegeta back to the lake.

A second later, Vegeta flies out of the lake, enraged. "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!" Vegeta flies off at full speed and Goku goes after him.

—————

100g

I'm trying to get used to 100g, but it's a harder transition than the others. At first I could barely get up from the ground, but now I can just about walk.

Suddenly I sense five very high power levels close by. I look out the window and see five ships go past me, much faster than mine.

"I hope they aren't headed for Namek. First Frieza, now this. I have to be ready. I have to get used to 100g before I make it to Namek."

—————

Vegeta shows up at the cave before Krillin can sense him. "DRAGON BALL! GIVE! NOW!" He's so enraged he can barely speak. His energy is flowing off him, destroying the ground around him and giving off a powerful heat. Everyone is terrified and Krillin reluctantly hands over the dragon ball, which calms Vegeta down.

"Good. But that won't save you after thinking you could pull that little stunt on me. Prepare for your death!" Vegeta makes a ki ball in his hand and Krillin and Gohan prepare for a fight, but Goku gets here just in time.

"We don't have time for this, guys! I can sense five extremely strong people coming towards the planet! They could be here any minute, so we can't mess around," he says.

Vegeta pales. "No... It can't be... We're all dead!" he yells, terrified. Everyone looks at him and Goku grabs his shoulders.

"Who is it Vegeta?! What are they?" Goku asks.

It takes a second for Vegeta to get his words out. "Frieza's most elite squad, known for their incredible power, which is only surpassed by Frieza himself!" In the distance, five pods land and the ground shakes.

"The Ginyu Force..."