Diego - i love you too

No-ones P.O.V

Diego Hargreeves... your bestfriend since you were 7. You moved in to the house next to the academy at a young age. You found out you had extraordinary abilities like the umbrella academy. So your father, who was very well known and popular within the town managed to pull a few strings and you were in, training at the Umbrella academy.

You dont know exactly your father had managed to persuade Reginald Hargreeves to allow you to join, but that didnt matter. What mattered was that you were in.

Upon arrival, you wore the academy uniform which you were handed the day before. You knocked at the door and a boy your age answered the door.

"Hi, im Y/n, im studying here with Mr Hargreeves," you say tucking some of your h/c hair behind your ear.

"H-hi, im diego," the boy says with a stutter, holding out his hand.

"I love your name," You gush, he rubs the back of his neck with his hand and laughs nervously.

"T-thanks, you too," he says. You can tell he doesnt recieve many compliments from the way a light rose tint dusts over his cheeks. He looks so cute and innocent.

"Wanna be friends?" You ask him.

"B-best friends?" He asks.

"Best friends," you nod.

"NUMBER TWO, NO SLOUCHING!" a mans voice booms through the corridor.

You look to where the voice comes from and notice man with white hair and a monicle looking over at the two of you.

You notice the way his shoulders snap up immediately.

Later on that evening, you two had just finished training and you sat in his room talking about everything.

"What exactly is your power?" He asks bluntly.

"I have a couple, i suppose, I can copy other peoples powers and pass them to whoever i want, so i guess that counts as a few right?" You shrug as his eyes widen at you.

"Can you copy mine?" He asks starstruck. You nod, "prove it,"

You roll your eyes and pick up a pencil.

"At the dart board," he says.

So you throw. The aerodynamic pencil twists as if flys through the air and stabs right into the bullseye.

"So cool," he says, his mouth agape.

"Close your mouth, if it gets any wider, I'll get sucked in," you joke. He lightly punches your arm.

"Ouch, painful," you laugh...

Years have passed and so has Mr Hargreeves. You spent a lot of your time in this institution he built to help raise you to your full potential.

Now you stand in the garden on a rainy day as you watch Luther pour his ashes over the muddy grass. Theres no wind to carry them so they pile up on the soggy ground.

A few minutes of silence pass followed by a few words. Then everyone heads there seperate ways.

Everyone heads up to their bedrooms but you perch in the living room.

"Hey y/n?" A mans voice is heard.

You turn around.

"Hey diego," you say. He immediately sits next to you on the sofa.

"I need to tell you something, and you have to listen..." he begins. You immediately get nervous. He is barely ever this serious.

"I like you, like a lot kinda like you, like maybe i see a future with us, kinda like you. I know you're my bestfriend but i wanted to tell you before its too late. I l-love you Y/n," He speaks. You take a second to process what had been said.

"I completely understand if you dont reciprocate or anything and i completely understand if you dont wanna be my best friend anym--" you shut him up as your lips smash together. When you pull away, you stare into his coffee brown eyes and feel a smile form on your face.

Butterflies explode in your stomache but you dont care. You caress his cheek and he melts into the warmth of your hand.

"I love you too diego...."