five - girlfriends brother

A/n the siblings are all 18, y/n is 16 and Five is 16 (mentally and physically.

You and Vanya had been dating for years. It had been perfect at the beginning. Perfect dates, perfect outfits, perfect nights, perfect kisses in the pouring rain. It was amazing.

You stayed at the umbrella academy that night. You were close with everyone so they didn't really mind. Luther turned on some music from his bedroom and it was really loud so you could hear it from the main hall, where you and Vanya were.

The two of you danced for a while. Then the music started to slow down, a blinding blue light appeared from out the window. You and Vanya immediately ran outside, followed by Luther, Diego and Allison. Klaus ran out seconds later with a fire extinguisher, he tried to spray it into the void, but when it did nothing, he threw it in.

A young boy falls from out the portal and stands up, shaking off the dirt from his knees and brushing himself off. The boy looks familiar but you couldn't place your finger on it.

"Five?" Vanya asks. She had previously explained all she knew about his disappearance. You often got jealous how she always spoke about him, and always him. But then you calm down when you realise that she never had anyone there for her, so you just listen to her talk.

He looks up at you, straight in the eye.

"who are you?" He asks, a slight bite in his voice but you shrug it off.

"This is Y/N, my girlfriend," Vanya says holding your hand. You look away from Five because if you stared at him any longer you would have fallen into his emerald green eyes and would have refused to swim out.

He shrugs.

"I want coffee," He says walking off into the house.

"Five," Vanya runs after him. Your recall the times she told you about how she left her light on every night in case he came back or how she'd stay up a while. You feel anger form in the pit of your stomach.

"Y/n? you ok?" You look over at Allison who is calling for you.

"mhm," You nod.

"You sure? you kinda just zoned out," She says wrapping her arm around yours and the two of you make your way into the kitchen where you heard Fives and Vanyas voice.

"Five, You don't understand, When you left... I felt apart of myself shatter, Y/n built that back up and helped heal me," You heard Vanyas voice break.

"and what about what we had? Vanya I LOVED you," He says. Your voice hitches. The room goes silent.

"and I loved you too Five, but then you left me.... you left US," She says. Tears form in your eyes as you remember where you know the boy from. He was your childhood best friend.

You two met at a park when you were younger, you became best friends, every night the both of you would sneak out and meet at the park or he would sneak into your room or vice versa. That was until he left, you waited at the park for hours and decided he wouldnt show up. You did it for a couple nights but when he didnt show up, you didnt do it again.

"You cant date her vanya," you hear him whisper.

"And why not?" She asks. He sighs.

You stand in the doorway and the two look at you.

"How much did you hear Y/n?" Vanya asks, she looks petrified.

"Not much?" You lie, you shrug walking into the kitchen.

"Hey y/n/n," he says your childhood nickname, one that you hadnt heard in years.

"Hey fivey," you reply.

"Wait- you two know each other?" Vanya asks.

"Sure do, he was my bestfriend, till he left me for hours in the freezing cold, numerous nights in a row," you shrug.

"Im sorry, y/n," He sighs.

"Its whatever," you shrug walking out. You head outside and to the park where you and Five met.

You sit on a bench and wait for a few minutes. You needed to clear your head. You feel a hand hold onto your shoulder, you immediately jerk your head up and fall back into the emerald green eyes that you originally fell in love with.

"Can I sit?" He asks. You shrug but he does anyway. The two of you stare at the play equipment you met on.

"You remember?" He asks, his voice solemn and peaceful.

"How could I forget?" You reply.

"So you and my sister?" He asks, he sounds almost hurt.

"What about it?" You ask.

"How? When? Why?" He asks.

"How? I honestly dont know, i guess i just wanted a rebound when you left. When? A couple years ago, why? I already answered that,"

"What exactly happened after I left?" He asks.

"Not much, which, was the problem," you shrug.

"Oh, sorry I left by the way," he shrugs.

"Its whatever, it would have been nice to know, but as i said, its fine,"  you shrug.

"Why did you leave the house?" He asks.

"I needed space, you know, to think because it was all coming back to me," you sigh. He places a hand on your knee.

"What was all coming back," he asks.

"Everything, how we met, how we used to sneak out, how slowly i began to love you," you place a hand over your mouth hoping he didnt hear what you said.

"You loved me?" He asks.

"I dont know, it was a-" you get cut off by his lips crashing into yours. You smile into the kiss, but one voice haunts you as you pull apart.

"Y/n? Five?" Vanya was stood watching....

A/n should i do a part two for this?