Diego - when its over

a/n this is pretty sad, I wrote it during depresso time

"Di, i'll be fine," you were begging Diego to let you go on a mission with him.

"no, Y/n it's way too dangerous, if you get hurt, or even worse, What if you get killed?" He asks.

"Diego, you're overthinking this," You beg.

"Y/n If you get killed, that's gonna be on my conscience for the REST of my life, how do you expect me to live with that?" He asks.

"You wont, Di, I'm not gonna get hurt," you reason.

"Y/N, I SAID NO! AND THATS FINAL!" he shouts. You turn around and walk out of his bedroom.

You begin to write a note.

Dear whoever,

What I did isn't excusable, I know Diego told me not to go, but I did. Don't blame him, it's not his fault, don't let this play on his mind. You're probably wondering why I did what I did, or what drove

me to do it. Well, the other night, I couldn't get off my mind how dangerous these missions are, I just wanted to make sure Diego stays safe. I don't want him get hurt, I don't want to know he could be bleeding out at any point and I'm not there to help, or even just to whisper in his ear and stroke his hair while he leaves for the greatness above. I don't want to take a chance of loosing him. Not now, not ever That's why I left for the mission

Yours sincerely,

Y/N

You notice tears roll down your face and watch them stain the paper. You quickly wipe them away.

"Y/n, you in there?" You hear Diego's voice on the other side of the door. You quickly hide the paper.

"mhm, Im in here," You hum, turning to face the opening door.

"Just wanted to say i'm going," He says, you look at him, he's dressed in his uniform.

"k," You mumble, "close the door on your way out,"

"Y/n, I know you're upset," He says, walking and leaning against the side of your desk next to you.

"I thought you said you were leaving," You roll your eyes, you stare at the wall, refusing to look up at him.

"You're clearly upset so just talk," He says.

"I'm not upset, im angry," You say, still refusing to make eye contact, "yeah, you dont want me hurt, But Diego, i dont want you to get hurt. What happens to me if you get hurt?"

"If i get hurt, then you can move on," He says, reaching to grab your hand.

"just go," You say coldly, shaking his hand off of yours. You stand up out of your desk chair and walk to the center of the room, facing the window.

He gently lifts up and walks to the door.

"I love you," He says walking out the door. When he closes it, you fall to the floor, tears streaming down your face.

"I love you too," You manage to choke out quietly. You wipe your tears quickly and re-gather your thoughts, you throw on your uniform and place the note on your bed. You run to the window and jump out. You soar through the sky as you near closer and closer to the ground.

When you're a meter from the green grass coating the floor, you lift up and fly towards. You make your way to the bank where you knew Diego was going to be. You land outside and throw on your mask. You make your way in through the big doors. You look around the bank and see six of your siblings.

You notice allison is being held to the wall with something covering her mouth so she cant use her power, in front of her is a big tall guy.

You use your telekenetic powers to steal one of Diegos knives out of his pocket and launch them at the bad guy. They stab into him and he falls to the floor, Allison drops next to him but slowly gets up.

Just then, you feel something peirce through your chest. You hear allison scream and you look down and see a metal pole poking out of your chest.

You collapse to the floor, you see the entire academy run over to you, your vision goes blurry and you can barely hear anything. You feel the colour drain out of your face at an alarming rate.

You see someone in your face.
"D-Diego?" You manage to stutter out.

"Y/n, it's gonna be okay," although your losing your senses pretty quickly, you can feel the pain in his trembling body as he tries to grip your cold lifeless hand.

"SOMEONE GET HELP!" he shouts as he hugs you gently, "y/n its gonna be ok, stay with me,"

"D-diego... i l-love y-you," you stutter as you take your last breath.

Before you know it, everything is black, you're numb.

Your pale, lifeless body laid there on the floor, clutched in Diegos trembling hands. His tears running off of his face and slowly splashing onto yours.

"I love you too y/n," Diego is stood, with one of his hands on your coffin, the other tightly gripping your favourite shirt.

"Im so sorry," he sobs. His siblings gather round and envelope him in a tight hug.

"Its ok," they all mutter randomly in an attempt to calm the greaving boyfriend.

Then it hits you;

That was the last time you would see him...