ben - stars

Soulmate AU

You live in a world where soulmates exist, if you get hurt, your soulmate gets a red star where you were hurt.

You feel sorry for your soulmate because your dad beats you, so they must get a lot of stars.

You sit on your bed when your dad barges into your room.
"Get changed! Dress nicely, we're going out!" Your dad shouts at you.

"Why do i have to go?" You ask.
"Because if not i will beat the hell out of you," he says walking out.

You roll your eyes and change into a short pastel pink dress and a black leather jacket. You put on some fishnet tights and do your make up.

"Y/n get down here!" Your dad demands from down the stairs. You walk down and see your dad is in a tux.

"Come on! We're going to be late!" He shouts.

"Sorry," you say walking out the door. You get into the car...

"This is my daughter y/n," your father presents you to a rich man. His name was Reginald Hargreeves.

"What is so special about her?" The man stares at you in disgust.

"Whats so special about her? Watch this," your dad begins, he turns to you, "do it,"

You roll your eyes. You take a deep breath in and scream. The tables fly everywhere.

"Give me the name of an ability," you demand to the man.

"Ice," he says clearly intruiged.

You spray ice out of your hands.

"Another," you say.

"Control your father," he says. You look at him and shrug before turning to the other man that was watching you.

"I heard a rumour.... that you jumped off of that table," you say pointing to a table in the corner.

He complies with your actions.

"Incredible," the man says, "you can use any ability you want?"

You nod.
"I think so," you say.

"Dad, sorry to interrupt, but Klaus is did it again," a boy walks in.

"Did he get stuck in the washer again?" Reginald asks.

"No thats diego," the boy said, "he got stuck in the cupboard again, we were playing hide and seek,"

"Would you mind helping me get the child out of the cupboard?" The old man asks your father.

"Sure," your dad shrugs. The two men walk out.

"Hey," the boy says.

"Hi," you reply.

"I saw what you did, it was amazing," he says astonished.

"Heh, thankyou," you say tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Im Ben," he says putting his hand out for you to shake it. Which you do.

"Im y/n," you smile. His sleeve lifted up a bit and you noticed red stars dotting his arm.

"Oh, um, sorry about that... i havent met my soulmate yet and they keep getting hurt," he says retracting his hand and covering the stars.

"Dont worry about it," you smile. The two of you talk for a bit until the men come back.

"Number 6, what are you doing?" Reginald asks.

"I was talking," ben explains.

"Leave, we must finish this meeting," reginald states. Ben complies, he hands you a peice of paper which you quickly slip into your pocket.

Throughout the meeting, all you really payed attention to was the fact that you're joining the umbrella academy, you were leaving your house next week. It was agreed so that you had time to pack and the academy had time to prepare for your arrival.

You couldnt wait to see Ben again. You laid on your bed, you remember Ben handed you a peice of paper and you pull it out from your pocket. You carefully unfold the tiny slip of paper and read out the numbers. You type them into your phone and message the person.

'Hey Ben?'
'Hi? Who is this?'
'Its me, y/n'
'Oh, hi'
'Hi'
'Can u meet tonight?'
'Yeah, sure, where?'
'Park?'
'See you there Ben'

You quickly get changed and exit through the window. And run to the park and see Ben sat on a bench.

"Hey," you say out of breath.
"Hi," he says, he gets up and hugs you, you hug back.

You do that, every night until you leave for the academy, the last night is something that would never have made sense normally. He's your best friend, but you think you're slowly falling for him. The two of you are complete dorks, always play fighting, always chasing eachother like complete maniacs, but its always the quiet moments you cherish most, because you know, when he's gone, you're not going to have anyone like this. The silence is never awkward, you always find peace out of it.

"My soulmate is trying to scare me i swear," he says as both of you sit on the bench.

"Why? whats up?" You ask.

"They always get hurt, like ALWAYS," he says.

"Oh, the stars?" You ask.

"Yeah, the stars," he sighs.

"Let me see," you say holding his left arm gently. You roll up his sleeve and you see stars, dozens of them. You roll up your left sleeve and show him the bruises that cover your arm, in the exact same place.

"You're my... soulmate?" He asks looking you in the eye.

"Seems like it," you smile. His hand cups your face and he gently pulls you into a soft kiss.

"Im glad its you," he says when you both pull away, you press your foreheads together.

"Im glad its you, Ben..."