Five - your fault

You sat in class, staring out the window. You realised you zoned out a while ago but you weren't interested enough in the class to zone back in.

"Y/n, y/n," you snap out of the daydream and your attention immediately goes to the angry teacher stood in front of you.

"Hm?" You hum.

"Do you think my lesson is a joke?" He asks tapping his foot, his arms crossed over his chest. You scrunch your face in confusion.

"Im sorry, im confused," you say.

"You stare out of that window, Every Lesson and i'm fed up of it, its either you stare out that window or you doodle on your hand. You are in my lesson to learn, not to mess around," he snaps. You blink back, your head needing a couple seconds to process what had been said. When you finally realise, you grow mad, more than mad.

"Well, maybe if you taught an interesting lesson then I wouldnt slack off, would I?" You stood from your chair in frustration.

"Im sorry?" He asks.

"All you do is stand at that stupid board and force us to copy stuff, you dont even bother to explain it. Look at these kids, they're all half asleep. Do you ever notice how bored people get in your class. Like man, i know you're old but at least jazz it up," you say emphasizing your words to gain his attention. He glares at you, his face burns a bright red, it looks like his veins are going to pop out his temples at any time.

"THATS IT! LEAVE! GO TO THE COUNSELLORS OFFICE!" He shouts at you, everyones eyes snap open and their gaze follows you as you swing your bag over your back and barge past the teacher you hate.

"So what have we done today?" The councellor asks you.

"He shouted at me so i told him," you shrug.

"You know, your anger is becoming an issue, you do know that, dont you?" You always liked Miss Hargreeves, Grace Hargreeves. She was nice and understood you. You never quite understood why she understood you but you wasnt one to complain when it came to help.

"I know, he just makes me so mad," you says clenching your fists tight.

"I understand, but anger isnt a rational decision," she speaks.

"Why are you so nice to me?" You ask, your eyes widening.

"My son, he's just like you. Well.... he isnt exactly my son but its a long story, but he's exactly like you. He gets angry easily, short fused i suppose. He never knows quite how to control that anger and channel it into something helpful, and non-violent," she says with a nervous giggle.

"Whats his name?" You ask.

"His name is Five," she says.

"Like Five Hargreeves, the superhero?" You ask, the umbrella academy was a great part of your childhood, you learnt everything about everybody, you used all of your free time to learn more about them and read the comics, and when Vanya wrote her book, you read it immediately, in fact, you forced your parents to buy it for you, when they refused you snook money from your mums purse and bought it yourself.

"Thats him," she smiles, "he's a nice kid really, he just struggles with things," she says.

As soon as you were about to talk, the school bell rings.

"If you need me, you know where to find me," she says handing you a small card with her information on it.

"Thankyou," you say taking it from her and leaving.

The rest of the day drags and it only gets worse when you find out that your best friend ditched you for her new boyfriend, leaving you to walk alone.