dante albidone

- holiday homes -

You look out your window and notice a car pull up outside the house next door to your holiday home. This was odd because no one had been in the house next door for years, not what you had seen anyway.

They pull out the wooden sign from the front garden which said "sold"

You check your phone and see that its only 12.30 so you quickly threw your trainers on and left the house. You notice a boy struggling to lift boxes.

"Hey," you say, "you need any help?"

The boy looks at you and his jaw drops to the floor.

"Umm.... sure," he says. You run over to him and take some of the boxes from his hands. He leads you to the room opposite your bedroom.

He places the boxes on the floor in the corner of the room, you place the boxes you picked up next to his.

Then you head back out to get more. You both place them in the room originally and look out the window. He joins you.

"That your room?" He asks, you nod.

"Yeah," you say.

"Thankyou for the help... umm.." he pauses realising he never asked for your name.

"Y/n, my names y/n," you say.

"Well, y/n, im Dante," he puts his hand out for you to shake it, which you do.

You talk for a while.
"I'll leave you to settle in," you say. He walks you to the front door and then you walk back home.

You sit and check your instagram.

Dante_Albidone has requested to follow you.

You accept the request.

Dante_Albidone : hey x

Y/I/A : hey x

Dante_Albidone : what u doin? x

Y/I/A : chilling, u? x

Dante_Albidone : unpacking :( x

Y/I/A : :( x

Dante_Albidone : GTG parents want me x

Y/I/A : see you soon x

A couple minutes later, you hear a knock on the door followed by your parents shouting you downstairs.

You walk downstairs and see Dante stood with his parents.

You smile.

"Hey Dante," you say.

"Hey y/n," he replies.

"You know him already?" Your mum asks you.

"Yeah, i saw him earlier," you shrug.

"Dante, how about Y/n shows you her room," your mother suggests.

"Ok," you say, "Dante come on,"

You take his hand and the both of you run up the stairs to your bedroom.

"Woah, this is a nice room," He says admiring the scenery. He walks over to your wall and notices the dozens of polaroid photos you decided to stick on the wall.

"Polaroids?" He asks.

"yep," You smile, you pick up the camera from one of your shelves and walk over to him.

"Wanna take one?" You ask him. He looks at you then nods.

"Sure," He replies.

You both smile for the camera and the photo prints. You take the photo and with a content smile, you tape the photo on the wall.

"perfect," you say.

"just like you," dante smiles at you. you roll your eyes and laugh a bit.

"That's funny Dante, classic humour," you say.

"Really?" He says laughing slightly

"lets go out," You say putting your shoes on. You grab his hand and head to the window. you lift the window up and climb out of it, you wait for him at the bottom.

The two of you walk along roads for a while, until you come up to a lake, your favourite place.

You sit at the edge of the wooden dock, dangling your feet in the water. The two of you sit there for a while until he decides to speak up.

"So, your family seem nice," he says as you stare into the distance.

"Eh, they're not bad. Just sometimes feel like they'd be better off without me ya know?" You shrug, you feel his eyes burn into the side of your face.

"Why do you feel like that" he asks. You shrug again.

"Dunno, just do," you say.

"Theres got to be some reason," he says.

"Just leave it," you snap. You know he was just trying to help but you couldnt help but feel weak and emotionally unstable. You dont like people asking questions about your life.

"M'sorry," he says staring back at the clear blue water underneath you.

"Its.... whatever," you hum.

"When are we going back?" He asks.

"I dont know," you shrug, "is that ok with you?"

"Yeah.... thats ok with me," he says staring off into the distance. You look over at him and admire the way he stares at the moon high in the sky. You notice how the moonlight reflects off of his dreamy eyes.

"M'sleepy," you yawn.

"Use my shoulder," he whispers. You place your head gently on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around you. You lean into his side. Before you know it, you're both asleep...