Ben - next door neighbours

A/n Ben is alive in this, hes a sweetheart, change my mind

You get out the car which sits in your new driveway. You had just moved to a new house with your mum and you couldn't wait to get settled in, the house had already been decorated, your mother hired someone to do it so all you had to do was unpack.

Your room was the biggest, your mum said she didn't need the extra space and offered you the bigger room. You grab some of your bags from the car and run them upstairs placing them on the floor near your bed frame.

Your mum follows taking longer than you did so you go outside and grab some more. As you reach into the car, you hear your new next door neighbours speaking loudly.

"Ben, you cant just read books all day, have some fun," one of the boys said.

"If i wanna read, then I can," the boy you presumed to be Ben spoke up. You look over at them and one of them looks at you smiling a bit, they all seem to gather, leaving Ben out before they all looked at you, waving and smiling.

You wave and smile back before they go and sit next to Ben. Before you know it, Ben has put his book down and is walking over to the fence that seperates the front gardens.

"Hey," He says. You look over at him before walking over to the fence to meet him.

"Hi," You smile.

"Im, uh... Ben," He stutters putting his hand out for you to shake it.

"Im y/n," You say shaking his hand.

"Are you new?" He asks.

"What gives you that Idea?" You ask sarcastically with a little giggle at the end. He laughs a bit.

"I dont know, maybe you and your... mum?" He asks, you nod and he continues "running things in and out the house,"

"Perposterous," you laugh.

"Do you need any help?" He asks.

You look at the boot of the car which is now filled with your boxes.

"Umm..." you look back to him.

"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckles.

"Its up to you," you shrug.

"Yeah, I'll come help," He offers.

He walks around the fence and makes his way up to you.

"So, what needs taking?" He asks.

"All the boxes in the boot," you reply.

He walks over to the boot of the car before picking up some boxes and following you up to your room.

You both place the boxes down on the floor with the others and return outside. Picking up more and taking them inside. The process happens a couple more times before the boot is empty.

"Thankyou so much," you smile, you two now stand on the driveway again,  "let me repay you by taking you out somewhere,"

"No, no thats ok," he says modestly. You raise an eyebrow at him.

"Nope, I'll be over at 12 tomorrow," You say stubbornly.

"Will I ever win?" He asks.

"Nope," you say proudly.

"Fine," he gives in.

"Thankyou," you say about to give him a hug before stopping yourself. You were perfectly fine hugging him, you just didnt want to startle him or make him feel uncomfortable so you tried to retain yourself.

He notices this and instead hugs you slightly. The hug feels welcoming, his embrace is warm and friendly. You dont want to let go, but both of you pull away and the cold floods back in.

"So... I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ben," you smile.

He turns and walks away and you head back into the house.

You make you way into your bedroom and sit next to all the boxes. You empty one box at a time, placing the items in the places you think they should go.

"Y/N hunny," Your mum shouts you from down the stairs, just as you were finishing.

"Coming," you shout back. You walk out of your bedroom and try to navigate yourself through the big house to where the noise was coming from. Your mum stands at the front door.

"Moving vans here with the rest," she says to you.

You help empty the moving van and try and carry your extra furniture and other things to your room. To much success, you roll your desk chair into the desk. Placing a few extra additions to your desk. You tape up some old polaroids of your family on your wall before you go down to get your matress, your mum helps you take it upstairs and you place it on your bed.

You take out some bedding and put it on your bed, fluffing up the pillows and smoothing out some of the creases from the duvet.

You head down and help your mum sort out the kitchen.

"Hey, mum?" You ask, she hums in response for you to continue, "can i go out tomorrow, with a friend?"

She looks at you.

"A friend?" She asks. You nod eagerly, "sure... why not?"

You mentally celebrate. When you finish you head back up to your bedroom, you sit in the bay window, with a book in your arms.

You hear some muffled speach from outside and look over directly into the bedroom opposite yours.

Ben is stood in the window watching you read. He pulls out a notebook and a sharpie before sketching the words "what you reading?" Onto the page.

You pull out one from your bedside table and write "IT, by stephen king". His eyes widen in amusement.

He writes "no kidding, thats my fav," before holding it up for you.

"Mine too!" You etch into the plain notepad.

"I'll see you tomorrow Y/N x," he holds up.

"You too x," you reply. He waves before he closed his blinds and you continue reading.

At around 10.50, you place your book mark into the page and place the book on your bedsite table before heading into the bathroom thats attached to your bedroom and doing your teeth.

You really couldnt wait for tomorrow...

A/n there will be a part 2 for this