klaus - sober

Klaus Hargreeves, your childhood best friend. You lived with the Hargreeves family when you were growing up. You tended not to be called their sibling because you only really ever hung out with Klaus and Ben.

However, it was nice to be able to have a best friend. You were there through all of his life, when Five went missing, when his father died, when he turned to drugs. Even though you hated it, you had no authority to stop him from using drugs, you would always try to hide them or stop him whenever you could, but sometimes, he needed something to numb the pain.

He wasnt ever really close with Five before he went missing, but thats what happens when you mix someone who is short fused and witty with someone like Klaus.

However, he was devastated when Five left. He often cried himself to sleep, or had nightmares. He always used to sneak into your room and lay on the floor or sit next to you until you woke up.

Five came back a few years ago but still Klaus gets those nightmares again. They're not as bad as they used to be, although he never told you the truth straight away so you let his emotions pass before you began to ask about them, even then he didnt tell you the full truth.

You are sat in your bay window, your feet up on the soft cushion, looking out at the sky as you draw the stars on a peice of paper in your sketchpad.  You pay attention to the little dark clouds that are still in the night sky.

"Hey, y/n, what are you doing?" Klaus comes in. You look over at him, he looks tired and sober, he's been saying he'd try and go sober for a few days but you never thought he would do it.

"Im drawing," you say, you notice that he's figiting a lot, "hey, klaus i got you a little present," you point to a little purple box thats been wrapped delitcately with a different shaded purple ribbon thats on your desk. He picks it up and sits in next to your feet. You put your sketch pad and pencil on your bedside table.

He carefully undoes the ribbon, before lifting the lid off the small box, he pulls out the rubix cube you got him before looking at you.

"I thought, if you're going sober, instead of you figiting aimlessly, you can have a goal to reach," You smile. He smiles and wraps his arms around you tightly.

"Thankyou so much," he whispers into your ear, you hug him back.

"Also, can I borrow one of your skirt thingys, they're nice and breezy on the.... bits," he requests.

"You know where they are," you laugh. He goes into your drawer pulling a black skirt out of it.

"Love you girly," he says walking out of the bedroom with his gift in one hand and the skirt in the other.

"Love you too klaus," you shout. Someone knocks at your bedroom door.

"Come in," you shout, Ben walks into your bedroom.

"Klaus come for another skirt?" He asks.

"How did you guess?" You laugh.

"I dont know," he laughs.

"Maybe because they're a bit breezy on the... bits," you say insinc then laugh.

He walks over to you and looks at your recent drawing.

"Nice addition," he says sitting down where klaus was sat.

"Thanks, its not finished yet but its getting there i guess," you shrug, wrapping your arms around your legs.

"So, whats up?' You ask.

"Cant I come and check on one of my best friends every so often?" He asks.

"What do you want?" You ask raising your eyebrow at him.

"I just wanted to check on you," he says putting his hands up in defense.

"Mhm," you hum eye-ing him up.

"So how are you?" He asks.

"Im good, what about you?" You reply.

"Not bad," he says, "just be careful with Klaus, he's had his heart broken so many times, and especially after Dave," Ben says.

"what are you trying to say Ben?" you ask.

"you'll get it one day," He says standing up, his hand travel down your arm to your hand. he quickly kisses the back of it before gently placing it on your lap and leaving. You look at the door, your confusion only blossoming. You shrug it off and look out your window.

"hey Y/N?" someone says from behind the door not long after Ben left. You could immediately recognise it.

"come in," You shout. Your eyes wonder the opening door and then immediately soften at the sight. Klaus stands there, in the leather skirt, his eyes red and puffy, his tear-stricken cheeks are flushed. You know exactly what he wants. You run up to him and wrap your arms around his neck, you take in his natural scent. No drugs, no alcohol, he smells clean. Its refreshing. His arms slither around your waist.

"Klaus, its ok," You whisper in the silent room.

"Its not, I hate being sober, it hurts," Klaus says, his voice breaks midway and your heart shatters. You pause.

"Klaus..." he looks at you, "I haven't told you this before, but I'm so proud of you," he smiles a bit.

You take his hand and sit him on the bed, you sit next to him and hug him tight. He sniffles.

"why should I be sober? Its all dead ends, nothing ever sticks, what's different this time?" Klaus asks. You pull away and cup his face with your hand.

"because Klaus. I love you," You say, you realise what you said and everything Ben said before clicks. You love Klaus, how could you be so blind?

"I love you too," He smiles.

A/n hi, i'm slowly running out of ideas, if you could please request some in the comments that would help so much.