five - I'm not leaving again part 1

You and Five grew up being pretty close, despite the massive age gap. You lived in the academy although you weren't related to the siblings. You had your own ability which everyone found interesting. You could heal people really quickly which made you extremely useful on missions. You would always go with the academy and help wherever you could. However, with you not having an attacking ability, you mainly stayed away from the fighting side of things, there were a few times when you would shoot someone in order to save the people you grew up with.

Like the time Diego got stabbed and was going to die if you didn't act fast, so you stole a gun from one of the corpses and shot the bad person a couple times. you healed Diego and both went to find the others. You couldn't believe you had done this, you felt guilty that you had taken someones life, however, the academy didn't seem to mind, they found it unusual that you had a healer like you had the nerves to shoot someone, but other than that, everyone was fine with it.

The next day at dinner, everything went normally until Five stood up. He seemed extremely angry, you couldn't really understand what was being as the terminology was far too complex, however you managed to catch on that Five wanted to time travel. However, Mr Hargreeves shot down the idea, only causing Fives anger to grow and spiral out of control. He left the table and went missing for years.

After he'd left, you felt so alone, he was the only one who could understand you. The only one that saw who you were. The only one who made you feel special and with him gone, you were alone again.

You cut yourself off from everyone and stopped going on missions. You weren't ever really able to control your powers after that. Everyone in the academy grew apart and before you knew it, everyone had left. including you. You were the second to last one to leave, besides you, it was just Luther, Grace, Pogo and Reginald.

present time

You stand on the garden, surrounded by the academy, Luther scattering Reginald's ashes along the floor. You look around the group, your heart sinks as you realise Five isn't there.

"does anybody wish to speak?" Pogo asks. Everybody stays silent. So Pogo speaks on behalf of the academy. Your legs go weak. Its his fault, if he didn't make Five angry then Five would be here. You think.

"the man was a monster," You say looking at the leftovers of him piled up on the floor. You hear Klaus laugh, followed by numerous snickers and chuckles from around the group.

"y/n you know that isn't true," Pogo reminds you.

"if it weren't for him, Five would be with us, scattering whatever was in the man," You say turning around and storming off up to the room you lived in. The nostalgia hits you like a truck. You remember all the times you and Five stayed up in this room, eating snacks you found in the pantry and giggling at the stupid pick-up lines and jokes that would fall out of your mouths. You sigh as you sit on the bed.

Suddenly, you hear music playing, you giggle a bit as you think how Five loved the song that was playing from Luther's room. You spin around and start dancing and laughing to yourself, you start spinning and prancing out the door, eventually making your way to the living room to see Diego dancing too. You let out a laugh as you join him. Spinning and doing the most random dance moves you've ever done. Everyone else floods in, joining in and laughing. And for a moment, you let Five slip out your head, even if it is for a second.

Everyone all laugh as you and Luther have a dance battle (you win). You and Allison prance around, spinning each other and laughing. Klaus joins in and attempts some ballerina spin and falls over to which everyone bursts out laughing. Diego attempts the worm and Vanya flosses with you. You laugh at the family you never realised how much you missed until now.

But suddenly the lights begin to flicker. There's a blinding blue light that shines through the window. Everyone runs outside to see what it is. Klaus comes out with a fire extinguisher throws it into the weird void. Your eyes widen as you see Five fall out of it.

"Five?" you ask nervous. He walks past you and heads to the kitchen. The rest of the academy follows him. You look confused at him as makes a cup of coffee. He never used to like coffee.

"FIVE!" you yell, for some reason you were angry. You had a right to be, your best friend left for god knows how many years and when he returns he completely ignores you. Everyone looks at you shocked. You could feel everyones eyes on you, especially Fives.

"What?" He snaps. You look at him confused, your rage spilling.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT?" You shout. Diego places a hand on your shoulder to calm you down. He was the only one who cared enough to realise how hard it was for you after Five left, he was the only one who knew about how you used to steal Fives clothes from his wardrobe and sleep in them because they still smelt like him. You look at the one who paid attention to you through your worst years of your life.

"Y/n has a point, I mean, dude, you left for God knows how long and you show up a whole new person, like... can you explain," Diego says as retracts his hand from your shoulder.

"I time travelled, couldn't get back, got stuck there. Managed to find a way out, now here I am," He says bluntly. You clench your fist as you walk up to the boy in front of you. The boy who was the only one who cared about you until he left. You pull your fist back and before you know it, your fist is making contact with Fives face. Then again, and again. You cant really remember much after that; but you remember feeling a pair of strong hands pull you back.

When you come to, you're sat on the bed you used to sleep in, Diego sat opposite you and your old desk chair. You look up at him.

"I didn't mean to hurt him," You say, he looks at back at you.

"I know you didn't... you're the healer after all," He chuckles a bit. You shrug.

"I just wanted him to explain," You sigh, you put your head in your hands as you feel guilt pool up inside of you.

"Its ok," He places a hand on your knee to show you that he's there. You hear someone knock on your door.

"come in!" you shout, Luther opens the door and looks at you.

"Dinner will be ready soon..." he says...

a/n There will be a part two for this I promise...