Telling Stories

Aging is such a wonder
It always leaves me to ponder.

What should I write next in this tale
Hopefully it isn't a fail.

Should it be the legends of my past
What great lengths they last!

Should it be the writing on the wall
What glowing mysteries they befall!

Should it be of a ghost looking for romance
Holding onto his last chance!

Should it be of a soul trapt in a sick game
As they ready to take aim!

Writing on and on is all I see lately
Good thing I enjoy it greatly.

This next chapter is a big step
So I'll try to make it my biggest leap!

I guess what I'm trying to say is Happy Birthday to me??
this is what happens when I'm awake all night and need tea.

Inside the Mind: Okay so I wrote this on my 24th birthday. During my midnight shift at work. Yep that's right I worked from 12 am to 8:30 am on my birthday. Gave me time to think this bad boy up xD. I posted it on Facebook maybe a half hour after getting home. My little birthday present to myself. The whole point of the poem may seem like what is next for me in my life. It partially is but not in the way you would think. Essentially the "Should it be" are novels ideas I have in my mind. A little teaser as to what they may be. Two of them I have progress on already. As you may notice the first one is based on The Legend Chronicles. The Second one is the story I am currently heavily invested in. Recently I have another heavily mapped out with two more not as heavily mapped out but at least a general story idea and direction. Now I am 25 in a half. Yeah getting specific here. Hard to believe how fast emotions can go up and down. A break up of a near four year relationship with heavy investment into will do that to a mans psyche.