Independence Day

Hall of Justice; July 4th EDT

The heroes stood with their protégés in front of them. "Welcome to the Hall of Justice," Green Arrow smiled proudly at Speedy as he looked to his friends. Robin next to him and Aqualad at the end with his king.

"Headquarters of the Justice League," Aquaman added, his hands on his hips.

"Oh man," Kid Flash whined as he came to a stop next to them with Flash, gaining all of their attention. "I knew we'd be the last ones here." They then started walking to the entrance, paparazzi flooding them with questions and comments, receiving silence in return. The four of them stopped at the entrance, taking it all in. "Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?"

"Don't call us sidekicks," Speedy practically growled.

He gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry, first time at the Hall. I'm a little overwhelmed."

"You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?" Robin questioned as they walked through the doors. "Oh." he managed, staring up at the statues of the initial Justice League members. "Maybe that's why." He stared at it, reading what was written on each plaque.

His attention was drawn to the elevator underneath the statues opening, revealing Red Tornado along with Martian Manhunter, who greeted the younger heroes briefly before turning their attention to the hero's behind them. It was a short conversation when the two Leaguers turned back around, leading them to their inner sanctum, acknowledging them about their privileges. The Boy Wonder and Kid shared a fist bump as they followed close behind. Speedy came to a stop once he saw the two take a seat in the chairs with him standing there, seemingly surprised as the members prepared to leave for a meeting.

"That's it?" He asked looking at his mentor. "You promised us a real look inside, not a glorified back stage pass."

Aqualad went to him, trying to calm him down. "It's a first step, you've been granted access few others get." He brushed him off continuing with his rant until he eventually threw his hat on the floor, storming off leaving in a stunned silence.

That was until the computer went off, alerting everyone of an incoming message from Superman. The Kryptonian informed them about a fire happening at Project Cadmus before being interrupted by Zatara, who alerted them of Wotan's plan to block out the sun. Superman told them that the fire was small, indicating to send the sidekicks which Batman turned down, stating that the local authorities could handle it. The Dark Knight strictly told them to stay put before leaving with the other Leaguers but the three of them came up with the idea of taking out the fire, solving the case before them, hoping to finally gain their respect.

It didn't take long to get to the sight of the fire, KF running in ahead to save two men falling from the building. Right behind him was Robin, running up the fire engine so he could grapple into the building, helping Wally into the window. Needing a water source, Aqualad used the firemen's hose water creating a twister to rise him up to the window so he'd be able to climb in.

"Appreciate the help," the Atlantian chided his companions.

"You handled it. Besides, we're here to investigate. Poetic justice remember," Robin replied with a smirk, typing away at a computer while Kid searched through files.

While they did that, Kaldur walked into the hallway, a strange creature catching his eye as it stood in the elevator, doors closing. "There is something in the-"

"Elevators should be locked down," KF cut off as Robin ran by.

"This is wrong," he stated as he pulled out his hologlove, pulling up a screen which showed the blueprints of the elevator. They were all shocked to find out that it went deeper than the building.