Cold Hearted

Mount Justice; November 11th, 15:45 EST

Wanda groaned as her alarm went off, letting her know that it was time to get up out of bed. She turned it off before putting her head back to the pillow, closing her eyes. "Come on, you gotta get up," the brunette whispered to herself but still she didn't move. "It's Wally's birthday, you gotta push through." With that she got up, making her way to her closet. She picked out a black thermal, with a red wool cardigan, and a pair of jeans. Wanda placed it on her bed before leaving the room to the bathroom right across. Lately, she hasn't been feeling like herself. When she wakes up she doesn't want to really do anything but the missions are the only thing motivating her to do so. It's hard to tell where the sudden shift came from, maybe the dreams or maybe it's the fact that she was still waiting, hoping that she'll eventually want her memories back. After brushing her teeth, she went back in her room to change. She made her way to the kitchen where they were setting up.

"Look who's finally awake," Artemis said as she set the table in the lounge area. Everyone had agreed to come early to set up but apparently she over slept.

"Sorry." Wanda went to M'gann who was finishing decorating the cake. "Is there anything i could help with?" The martian nodded, using her telekinesis to hand her the cake which she used her hex to hold it, taking it to the table.

Robin came out of the hallway with a smile. "Places, people. He should be here any second." Flash turned off the lights, speeding to stand next to Tornado who had his hands on his hips. The computer could be heard as they waited for Wally to walk in. It was a few seconds before he did and the computer turned on the lights.

"Surprise!"

Wally tried to act surprised. "What? Oh, you guys, you shouldn't have." Robin crossed his arms over his chest.

"Right, as if you haven't been hinting for days or anything."

As he walked up to them, Wanda used her telekinesis to put his birthday hat on him. They went to the table, Wally sitting down on the floor after taking off his coat as the others gathered around him. "We made two cakes," Miss Martian informed.

"Awesome! What'll you guys eat?"

"We'll split the cupcakes. Make a wish."

"Way ahead of you." Kid sucked in a breath before blowing out the candles on the two cakes. Zatanna, Robin, Wanda, and Aqualad clapped as M'gann, Conner, and Artemis cheered. He looked to the martian with a grin. "You know, if i tell you my wish it won't come true." The speedster kept his eyes on her as he looked away. "But if you guess."

Wanda rolled her eyes as she walked into the kitchen, leaning back on the island. Not long after did Robin come her way, offering a piece of cake which she took. "You doing okay?"

She sighed. "As okay as i can be. It was the same thing again last night and i just can't shake it." The Boy Wonder leaned next to her. "I mean he's my brother, i know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me purposely, at least i thought i did before this." She put her hand on her abdomen where the scar was. "He's not a bad person, trust me, he just does bad things. Things that make him out to be a bad guy but that's not who he is. I shouldn't be defending him, i know, it's just i don't know. He's family. Is it wrong for me to miss him, even after what he's done?"

"It's hard to see the person you care about in a different light. It can be unnerving and unsettling and even a bit overwhelming but try to stay whelmed. Maybe he's still in there," he picked up her cake handing it her. "It's not wrong, don't give up on him just yet."

The brunette smiled as she took it, taking a piece and putting it in her mouth. "Is this what cake tastes like?" He laughed at her unsure expression. "I'm not sure it's for me." Wanda chuckled as she handed it back to him. Wally came up to them, putting his hands on Robin's shoulders.