Downtime

Gotham City; August 27th, 06:17 EDT

The sounds of a fight are able to be heard outside an abandoned building. Kaldur was hit hard, his water bearers falling out of his hands as he continued to roll until he hit a garage door hard enough to dent it, the splatters of clay over his dark skin and his short blonde hair instantly give away the identity of his opponent. Wanda soon followed, except she tried to find her footing but still ended up on the floor as he fell to the ground, his glowing tattoos slowly fading. Before she could recuperate, Clayface, who walked past her unconscious teammates, sent his hand at her wrapping it around her neck. She tried to use her powers but as the pressure built up in her head, her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Forcing himself to look up, he saw Clayface's shadow step into the light as he laughed, still holding Wanda. Then watched as his left hand turn into a square-mace. As Clayface rose his arm to attack, a familiar shadow got larger as it got closer to the glass ceiling.

Crashing through the window was Batman, who took Clayface's full attention, then launched two Batarangs at the villain. Only for them to be absorbed into his arms, for a moment, until they explode and completely destroy his arm. Wanda was dropped to the floor, Kaldur going to her to make sure she was still breathing and thankfully she was. As Batman landed in a crouch before Clayface, the villain stroke once more, but Batman jumped back to avoid the hit. Pulling out a high powered taser that stuck to the right side of Clayface's chest and continued to send electricity through the villain until he lost his form entirely.

Batman's eyes narrowed as he stood, zeroing in on the one person who was still conscious.

.............................................................................

Mount Justice; August 27th, 7:58 EDT

Batman faced the Team as they walked through the Zeta Tube and into the Mountain. "I need to talk to Aqualad. The rest of you hit the showers and head home."

"'Head home?'" Superboy asked as he rose his arms, gesturing to the Cave, an annoyed look on his features. "I am home."

"Just Aqualad," he said darkly, looking to his own protogé. The thirteen looked up to Kaldur, who returned the look. Looking into the Cave Robin kept his eyes away from Batman as he walked past him. Only looking over his shoulder for a second, not even slowing in his steps, his eyes falling to the floor as Batman kept his focus fully on Aqualad. Wanda felt his change in demeanor, deciding to slow down until she was walking right next to him.

I'm sure it's about something personal.

Even if it was, which i highly doubt, he'd still let me be there. I mean i get it, Kaldur's the leader, it's his responsibility but i was with him way before the three of us started this team. I guess i just expected to be by his side.

Robin turned the corner heading to the showers. She stopped, watching as he walked down a different hall until she couldn't see him anymore. Wanda could feel the envy off of him as they spoke. Her eyes found her feet staring down at them as that familiar envy for her brother grew in her. It was a moment before she made her way to the bathroom right across from her room. She opted for taking a bath instead of a shower, using her hex making it leave her body, removing the gunk. Once the bath was filled, she got in, fully submerging her body in the water. She stayed under for a moment longer than initially planned but came up for air once she heard Tornado's robotic feet pass through the hallway. All she knew was that it was gonna be a long night.

.............................................................................

Gotham City; August 27th, 20:04 EDT

Outside Wayne Manor, an owl hooted. While inside, more specifically in the gym, a young Dick Grayson was up on the ring set, going through two full rotations before releasing at the top, completing a full flip and grabbing the rings again, finally coming to a stop in a perfectly vertical handstand, gritting his teeth and descending slowly until he was parallel to the floor, then all the way down into a cross.

"'Just Aqualad,'" he grumbled, sweat falling down his face as he pushed up a little higher, bringing his pointed toes to be parallel to his hips, then moving slowly through to another handstand, his eyes on something on the floor away from the mat rather than on his hands. Pulling through a full rotation, releasing high and flipping through it to land on the punching bag he had been eyeing, landing on the balls of his right foot, his knee bent causing his left leg swing out to the side of the bag. However, his momentum pulled at him, dropping him off the bag but he pulled through, getting his hands below his head and pulling a fast-paced walk over, still due to the left over momentum. The total momentum slammed his back into the wall with a bang, narrowly avoiding hitting his head on the wall as well. Opening his eyes as he spun tightly, his right hand coming up as a block, as his left-hand hit the wall in a solid punch, hard enough to crack it. Placing his hand on the wall he pulled his hand out of the small crater, before walking away from the wall slowly.

All of this being watched by Bruce Wayne- in his Batman suit with the cowl down- through the security monitor in the Batcave. Alfred glanced at Bruce for a minuscule moment, able to read the cape crusader's body language.

Dick grabbed his water bottle, holding it against his head as he sat down on the bench in the center of the room. Looking- glaring- down at the floor as he opened the cap. Drinking it with an angry glare that had been moving from every inanimate object he's seen. The door to the gym opened revealing Alfred Pennyworth who cleared his throat loudly which caught Dick's attention, causing him to look at the Brit. "Master Bruce wishes to see you."

Dick sniffed before standing and heading to the other side of the gym. A door to the outside of the Manor opened, the thirteen year old standing- physically cooled off, but still steaming emotionally- before Alfred. Walking out the door a ball bounced on the hard ground. Startling Dick considering he didn't see it until it was already in his hands. "What's this?" He asked, defensive but noticeably a little confused.

Bruce Wayne stood before him, in his own casual workout clothes. "Training. Hand-eye coordination."

Dick smiled, cocking his head slightly. "One on one?" The tone of his voice changing almost entirely to a teasing one.

"If you think you can handle it," Bruce said confidently.

Dick dropped his stance, taking off and dribbling almost immediately, laughing as he made his way down the court. The ball hit the backboard with a clang, and the thirteen-year-old's happy cry of "Yes!" gave away that it went in.

Alfred Pennyworth smiled happily at the scene.

............................................................................

Mount Justice; September 3rd, 21:08 EDT

Recognize: Aqualad; B-0-2

Kaldur walked out of the Zeta Tube into Mount Justice. Batman stood in the center of the room, typing away on the holo-screens that looked like keyboards. "Made your decision?" He asked without even a pause or looking up.

"The decision is made. I am here. One hundred percent," he told Batman strongly.

The Team walked up behind Batman's turned back. "Just in time for your next mission." Kaldur nodded, the Team coming to a pause as they listened to the Dark Knight. "The Watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan Desert."