Denial Part 2

"Wait, the back draft from the lava will roast us alive!" Wally protested, but she opened it anyway. The door opened, however, with a snow flurry. Accompanied by gusting winds and an expansive tundra-space beyond.

"It's snow!" M'gann cried cheerfully.

Artemis looked up at Wally's angry face with a smirk. "Do you ever get tired of being wrong?" His frown deepened. The Team jumped through, but what was originally a downward jump spun so the gateway was now floating in mid air from their point of view. Until it disappeared in a golden flash. Wally turned away from where he was watching it, to find the whole Team looking at him. "Well?" Artemis asked, a confident look on her face.

"Ever hear of string theory?" he questioned sarcastically. "We're in a pocket dimension."

"Ugh." Artemis growled angered by Wally's absolute lack of faith.

"What's that?" M'gann questioned. What she was looking at was Kent Nelson's cane floating above the snow.

It flew towards them, stopping once it was in front of Wanda. "Ooo, maybe it's Kent's magic wand," the speedster said sarcastically, speeding over grabbing it at the same time as Wanda.

"I got it," they synchronized. Then it began to glow gold. "Huh?" They both questioned in shock. "I can't let go!" Before being pulled upwards by the cane and disappearing in a flash of gold. Wally and Wanda landed on a platform, her on her feet and him on his back. Neither one let go of the cane as they turned to look at the group of men, Kent noticing them instantly.

Kent relaxed and gained a slight smile. "Well, would you look at that." The cane glowed in Wally and Wanda's grip, in response, Kent's whole body glowed the same gold. Kadabra and the teen barely glanced at the teen-heroes as Kent began to float, flying past them. Grabbing the cane with both hands immediately let the two let it go as his bond becomes undone. "In here." Kent said, standing up, using his cane to create an elevator in the wall. All three rush in. Elevator music played in the background as the number shown increases. Both teens looked to Nelson, unsure who should say something first.
"I'm Kent Nelson. By the way." Kent finally spoke up.

"No duh," Wally mumbled, receiving an elbow to the chest. "Ow!"

"I'm Wanda, and Miss Manners over here is Wally," she introduced.

"I'm glad you got my message."

"Message? What message?" Wally questioned.

"I telepathically sent her a message of how to get to me."

"Sorry it took long. We would've been here sooner if someone wasn't being such a-"

He cut her off by letting out a laugh. "It's alright, Wanda. We're up against an opponent with tremendous mystic power."

"Abra Kadabra?" Wally questioned rhetorically then scoffed with an eye roll. "Flash proved that he uses futuristic technology to simulate magic." He said directly at Kent. "Guy's all show and no biz."

"Right you are." Kent agreed. This didn't shock Wanda, instead it made her realize why she couldn't see them in front of the theater but could see the clearly invisible tower. "Abra is a charlatan." Kent admitted. "but Klarion, the Witch Boy, kid with the cat, he's an actual Lord of Chaos, the ultimate enemy of a Lord of Order like Doctor Fate."

Wally rolled his eyes once more. "Right." KF drawled. "You're a Lord of Order." Though he sounded hesitant and confused.

"Oh, no. Not me." Kent said with a smile. "I'm just an old coat Fate used to put on. Until my wife Inza convinced me there was more to life." He opened his watch to look down at her picture. "Ah, she was a real pistol, that Inza." Then snapped it shut, getting back on track. "Anywho, Klarion's after the helmet. If he gets his sticky little mitts on it, he'll turn the planet into his own personal playground of pandemonium." He turned his gaze to Wanda. "Can you stall him for me?"