Humanity Part 3

Superboy jumped over quickly, grabbing Red by the cape and pulling him from the lava. Yet the Volcano in front of the Team continued to rumble and grow. "I can't hold it for much longer," Wanda informed as she felt the blood drip from her nose.

"Tornado, listen, we're on the verge of a Stage Three SuperVolcano Eruption. There's no turning back from that. We need to vent pressure, fast." Red said nothing so Kid kept talking. "But the ash cloud will bring on a worldwide Nuclear Winter unless you divert it." Red Tornado nodded. "Triangulate around the pressure locus," he told the Boy Wonder.

"Right." Robin typed on his HoloGlove.
"There, there, and there."  He pointed at the three spots he found.

Without a word, and barely a glance between them, Artemis shot her arrow to the Volcano, breaking into three, exploding on contact. Red Tornado's leg sparked a little before he got his signature tornado under him and he flew off past the ash cloud. Wanda released the ash once she saw his eyes glow red as he snapped his arms out, creating a gigantic tornado which pulled the ash cloud up and through the outer atmosphere.

KF watched as the magma cooled. "Yes!" Though the sound of whirring grabbed his attention instantly. Red Tornado didn't land well so the Team rushed over to him, but he can see the hand that was above the surface of the lava crumble away.

The Team was now inside Morrow's lab, everyone but Superboy crowded around Tornado.

"There." Robin sighed in relief. "That should do it."

"Yes. I can speak again," Tornado confirmed, his faceplate coming back down, but his legs were still missing.

"You were willing to sacrifice yourself to save the planet," Kaldur said, stepping up.

"The planet would have survived. It was Humanity that was saved." Tornado turned towards them. "Though not by me." Kaldur placed a hand on the Leaguer's shoulder. "My sister and brother were the true heroes this day."

"My point is this... you were never the mole, never a traitor."

"No, I left to protect you from further attack and to find my creator, Morrow." Tornado revealed.

KF was looking through stuff. "Cool." he held up a large red hand showing Wanda. "Souvenir."

Robin was looking through another container, finding a leg which he showed to KF grinning. "Reddy, we can rebuild you better than you were before."

"I do not believe I should be repaired."

Conner glanced over his shoulder, finally facing Tornado. "Why did you volunteer to become our Den Mother in the first place?" That was one thing that didn't make sense.

"I was the pragmatic choice," Tornado said bluntly. "I do not require sleep. I have no secret identity or second life to live."

It clicked for KF first. "But you do have advanced AI Programming designed to learn, adapt, evolve." He played with the souvenir as he spoke.

M'gann knocked herself in the head. "Hello, Megan! You wanted to become more human."

"And you couldn't do that with the League." Artemis realized. "They're stiffs."

"You're sure not going to learn emotion from Batman. Trust me." Robin chuckled.

"Then the cave was not a proving ground only for us... but for you as well." Kaldur turned back to Tornado.

"I do not know if those statements are accurate," Tornado admitted. "but perhaps they are true. And if I understand the term correctly, I believe I have come to...care about you all."

"See? Practically a meatbag already," Conner said lowly.

"Which reminds me." he says remembering something.

They repaired Red despite what he said earlier. Once they were done, the team made their way onto the ship but Wanda caught Tornado before he flew off. "Tornado, i have a question." He turned back, looking down at her. "If you felt as if a part of you was missing, whether it'd be part of your programming or not, and Morrow was the only person who had access to it," she looked at the ship where her team was waiting. "would you leave everything you've worked for behind at the slight chance that you might get them back?"

He was quiet for a bit before he spoke. "Whether the part of me was missing or not, i feel i have replaced it with something even better. That it does not even feel as if i am incomplete." With that he flew off. She smiled to herself, feeling better about not having her memories. She walked onto the bioship, taking a seat as it took off.

Robin leaned forward, touching Zatanna's shoulder. "So, good kidnapping?" he asked.

"Actually, yeah." She smiled as she turned back towards him. "Best ever."

Robin chuckled. "First of many, I hope."

..........................................................................

Back at the cave, Zatara took Zatanna home as soon as she got there, scolding her for doing something so irresponsible. The team was lectured but had impressed him as well as the rest of the league. Kaldur and Wally decided to return home for the night while M'gann, Wanda, and Connor retreated back to their rooms, leaving the boy wonder in the cave. Miss M pulled her to the side before she got to her room. "Now's your chance. Go give him his cape and tell him." She pushed her in the direction of her room making her laugh.

Wanda went in her room grabbing Robin's cape before heading back to the main part of the cave. "So this is what keeps the boy wonder up so late," she said as she looked at the screens in front of her.

"Unfortunately, yeah. It gets boring sometimes, but hey, it's the job," he mused giving her a grin. "How're your burns?"

"Oh, um, i don't know. I haven't treated them yet." He looked at her surprised.

"Really?" Robin grabbed something from his utility belt, taking the hand which was holding his cape. "What's that?"

She cleared her throat, trying to stop herself from blushing. "Your cape. I came to give it back." He looked down at it for a bit before shaking his head with a smile.

"Keep it."

"A-Are you sure?"

He took it, putting it on her. "Yeah. It suits you." A small blush crept on her cheeks. "Now you'll have something to remember me by." In response she lightly hit his shoulder making him laugh. "Let's treat those burns." They walked to the kitchen in a comfortable silence, not letting their voices ruin the moment. Once they were there, he took her hand, gently removing the bandages to look at her burns. He got a cloth putting it under cool water before pressing it on the burn, making her wince. "Sorry." Robin continued, placing treatment on her left hand. "I'm sorry."

This made her confused. "For what?"

"For flirting with Zatanna today. I guess i was trying to impress her to get your attention but," he chuckled. "that obviously didn't work. So, i think i'm just gonna do this head on. I like you, Wanda." She looked at him, stunned. "I should've just saved my self the-" He was cut off by Wanda kissing him as soon as he looked at her. At first he was surprised but ended up kissing her back after a second. This lasted until they both pulled back for air. "I'm taking it that you feel the same way."

In response she kissed him again. "I like you too, Robin." He let out a light chuckle as he went back to treating her.