Misplaced

Mount Justice; November 5, 19:47

While M'gann and Conner were out, Wanda was in her room meditating. Zatara had told her that it helps keep a calm mind and also maintains a stable center for her magic. At first she thought it was a joke but when she tried it, she felt at peace. She was pulled out of her trance when a sharp pain went through her mind. Her hex let her go, dropping her to the floor as she clutched head. After a moment it passed, leaving her breathless. "Something's wrong." She got up making her way to the cave where the others were standing. Their gaze was fixed on the screens in front of them. "What's going on?"

"They're gone, Red Tornado, Batman, and Zatara are all gone," Wally said finally taking his eyes off of the screens.

Kal'dur turned to them. "Miss Martian, Superboy, Artemis, and Kid Flash, you're all with me. Wanda, Robin, Zatara, stay here and see what else you can find out."

They all ran out, leaving the three of them going through the news in hopes of finding something. So far all Wanda could find was kids posting about how there parents have just disappeared, making it clear that it wasn't just the three Leaguers but also adults all over the world that are gone. It was about an hour or so before Wally called through the coms. "We set up, uh, a refugee center at the high school gym. Any luck with-"

"No. Can't reach the Batcave, the Hall of Justice, or the Watch-" He stopped himself, putting his hands at his sides. "Or any adult hero. Even Red Arrow."

"Guess were on our own. Kid Flash out."

"Traditional media's offline but kids worldwide are all posting the same thing." Wanda swiped through the screens in front of her. "Every adult, eighteen and older has disappeared."

Zatanna looked at the two. "The sorcery necessary to pull this off, scary big."

"And we need you to find its source," the Boy Wonder stated.

"Me? H-How am i-"

"I pulled this footage, it's your dad helping us locate Wotan and the Injustice League last month." They watched as the video played out in front of them.

She walked up to him unsure. "B-But the words, i mean that's only part of it. The rest takes training and...Robin, I-I'm just not on Zatara's level." He looked back at her seemingly desperate. The brunette turned back to her screen, trying to dig deeper.

"I know it's hard but try to stay whelmed." Robin offered her a grin. "We'll find your dad, Batman, all of them. It's what we do." Zatanna returned the grin as he turned back to the screens. She stared at him for a moment longer before getting back to work. The others soon came back but with no luck of spotting any adult. Aqualad decided to send the kids a virtual message so they knew that they were not alone during this. While they were setting it up, Wanda decided to try and reach out to Captain Marvel, knowing that he was in his regular state.

Captain Marvel? Can you hear me?

Wanda? Is that you? Wait, how did you know who i was-

Never mind that. Where are you?

I'm trying to get to the cave but the dang thing won't grant me access. Can you authorize me from there?

The brunette looked at Aqualad, KF, and Robin who were already live.

Negative. They're live. Is there any other way you can get here?

Yeah, i have a friend who owes me a favor. I'll be there as soon as i can. Captain Marvel out.

After about thirty minutes, they all gathered around the hologram of the globe as Zatanna prepared her father's locator spell. "Etacol retnecipe fo yrecros." A red dot soon showed up on the globe. Robin looked down at the screen in front of him to find a name on the location they were given.

"Coordinates locked. Rowan oak island," she looked back at Robin unsure. "You did it."

Everyone got prepared to go when a kid in a white shirt with a red jacket on suddenly appeared in the cave. "Captain Marvel, you're here." They looked at her confused as Billy ran up to them.

"Sorry i took so long."

Kid was the first to speak up on the situation. "You're Captain Marvel?" He scoffed. "Yeah, and i'm Speedy Gonzales. Look, just because he believes he's Cap-"

"Gee, Wally, do i really have to bring you nachos and pineapple juice to get on your good side?" He went silent, slightly convinced. "There two dimensions, one for adults and one for kids. Batman, Zatara, and Tornado are in the cave trying to locate whoever's behind this."

.....................................................................

Klarion opened his eyes, looking from side to side cautiously as Teekl meowed. He turned putting his hand up to stop Artemis's arrows along with Robin's birdarangs. They dropped to the floor right in front of him. "That's the best you can do?" Both of them just stared at him as he lifted his hand, sending red lighting at them which hit the ground causing an explosion. He turned to his left to find Superboy charging at him, on his right was Kaldur who held a hammer shaped water barrer, and Kid Flash speeding around him in front. With the flick of his wrist he put a force field around him, knocking them back.

Zatanna stepped up. "Etativel........" (sorry i couldn't figure the rest out). Her spell barely made a mark.

The chaos boy scoffed, watching unimpressed. "Hm, baby magic." He said a spell which sent her through the air making her scream. Luckily, SB caught her just in time. Wanda landed on the other side of the shield, the side Klarion's back was facing, and threw a ball of hex at it which caused it to rumble. "Oh, it's you again." He raised his hands sending red lightning at her but she absorbed it sending it back with it mixed with her hex. The shield faltered for a moment before going back to its original state. "You're gonna be a problem. Wanna take care of her Teekl?" She meowed as he transformed her into a more mutated version. As the cat jumped at her, Superboy tackled her to the ground. "No! Not him! Her you stupid cat!"

"Wanda, keep going!" M'gann encouraged.

She let her eyes turn red as her magic flowed out of her hand. Klarion looked at the crystal once he saw it glow. "So you've teamed up with the grumps, huh? Teamwork is so overrated." He released lightning from the crystal hitting Artemis, Robin, and Kaldur, though he just held it. One came at Wanda but she did the same thing as before, only this time she added it to her magic stream. She groaned as she felt the pressure build up in her but once she saw the field crack, making him slightly worried, she took a deep breath, centering not only her mind and body but also her magic. "No, no, no, no, no! This isn't how it's supposed to happen!"

B-It's the gem, at the center of the pentagon. That's what's keeping our worlds apart. Destroy it and we win.

As Wanda heard that, she pushed even harder, feeling her magic course through her whole body. "NO!" Klarion shot his own magic at her stream, trying to counterattack in hopes he would win but if anything, it just made her add more. A swirl of her magic surrounded her as she took a step closer, barely struggling. With one more push, the force field broke completely. She made a chain with her hex, putting it on Klarion. KF ran, grabbing the crystal from the center.

"Wanda, catch!" He threw it to her as her magic still coursed through her body. She said a small incantation, something she's been practicing with Zatara, and before they knew it everything was back to normal.

Klarion watched as the sorcerers collapsed. "Boy, they sure don't make evil, immortal sorcerers like they used to. Oh well." With the snap of his fingers the chains faded away. "Fun while it lasted." He wiped the dust off him before calling for his cat. "Teekl." As she turned back to normal, he opened a portal looking back at them. "See you later, armadillos. Or not unless i see you first." He laughed as he jumped into it.

Wanda felt heavy as her eyes stopped glowing and the red receded from her hands. Zatanna was quick to support her, putting her arm around her shoulder helping her walk to the others. "That was awesome," Wally said.

Kaldur even cracked a grin. "It was impressive to see you adapt, showing what you've practiced." Batman walked up to them with Tornado and Zatara.

"Good work today."

"Especially you, Wanda. The work you've been putting into your training is paying off," Zatara pointed out. "I look forward to teaching you more."