Images Part 2

Dhabar; November 23, 22:11 UTC+2

They snuck into the mansion undetected by the guards. Robin, KF, and SB went through the vents only coming out once they've confirmed that Harjavti was alone. Wanda walked down the hallway, deciding to be the one who kept watch in case the guards came. It wasn't long before she felt a familiar presence in her head. At first she was just going to ignore it but the closer she got to where Harjavti was, the louder the mind became. So she stepped back, deciding to go after it. She opened a door to another room to find Pietro going through a computer. "What are you doing, Pietro?"

"Looking for my memories," he said simply.

The door shut behind her making her turn around to face Psimon. "If answers are what you're looking for, you won't find them there. Remember what Queen Bee said? Complete the mission and then i'll give them to you." He backed away from the computer with his head down. "That's it."

"Pietro, look at me. Don't do this, this isn't you-"

"How do you know this isn't me? I don't even know if this is me." The speedster looked at her. "What i do know is that at the end of this i'll get my memories."

"You don't need them-"

She was cut off by Psimon laughing. "Oh, i'm sorry to interrupt but this is really getting old. You're the one who doesn't want them. You're the one who just wants to forget. I've made you forget before, so how about i just make you both REMEMBER!" Her eyes widened as her mind flooded with memories.

~~~~~

"Leave her alone!" Pietro shouted as they pushed Wanda to the ground, surrounding her. The kids ran off and he turned to look at her. "Are you okay-"

"I never asked for your help, Pietro! I could've handled it just fine before you showed up!" She pushed herself up from the ground, turning to walk away but ended up walking into a pole. He went to help her but she just pushed him away once she felt his arm grab hers."I'm fine! Just leave me alone!"

At home, Wanda threw her backpack on the floor as soon as she walked through the door. "Sestra, i was just trying to help-"

"But i didn't ask for any! I don't want people to help me as if i can't do anything on my own!"

"But you can't. Look, i know it's hard-"

"No you don't, Pietro," she turned to, what she thought was his way, with tears streaming. "You don't know what it's like to have people pick on you just because you can't see. Or have people treat you as if you can't do anything on your own. It's hard and it's not fun! Do you know what i'd give just to be like you? To be able to do something, anything, by myself without someone's help-" Wanda was cut off by the ground shaking. "Bratr? What's happening?"

Her brother looked back at the kitchen to find his parents standing there worried. "Matka? Otec? What's going on?" Before they even got a chance to respond, a shell crashed through the roof into the ground creating a hole which their parents fell through. "Matka! Otec!" Wanda fell to the floor, crawling around for someone.

"Pietro! Where are you?!" He covered her with his body so nothing would fall on top of her. He guided her to the bed, pushing her underneath before following. Everything went quiet until another shell hit making her scream. It rolled to them, stopping three feet from their faces. "Pietro, i'm scared."

"I know. I am too but it's gonna be okay." He held onto her, bracing for impact. When it never came he looked at the shell, staring at it. "Wanda, can i tell you a secret?"

"Mhm."

"Sometimes i wish i was blind."

She lifted her head. "Like when?"