Usual Suspects

A/N okay so i messed and made this chapter before insecurities, so let's just pretend that Wanda went with them to the stakeout, sorry.

Washington, D.C.; December 30, 09:16 EST

The Team stood in the inner sanctum of the Hall of Justice, watching the live broadcast of the Leaguers officially inducting the new comers of the Justice League. Wanda, who was wearing a long red wool cardigan and a black turtleneck thermal underneath, stood on the left of Robin, who wore a blue hoodie with a black jacket on top, with Zatanna, wearing  a red trench coat, in front of them and Wally on his right. Kaldur was on Kid's other side while the new girl, Raquel, stood on his other side, hands on her hips. Megan along with Conner sat in the two chairs closest to the big screen with Artemis standing in front of it, arms crossed over her chest.

Wally was the first one to speak after they heard the news report. "I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out." He took a bite out of his apple. "And i love the fact that there's a ten year old on the League."

"There is!" Raquel asked in shock as well as disbelief. Robin was quick to elbow him in the abdomen.

"Ow!"

"Way to keep a secret, genius," Robin said in a hushed voice.

Kid glared at him. "Hey, she's on the team now, right?" He took another bite, looking back at the screen. The Boy Wonder glanced at Wanda who was staring at the ground not paying any attention to the ceremony happening on the tv. Lately he's noticed that she has been distant, not just with him but with the whole Team. He'd try to talk to her about it but every time she'd just drop the topic, moving onto something else.

Hey, are you okay?

I'm fine, Robin.

Come on, we both know that's not true. I know there's something on your mind, something bothering you and i'm not saying that you have to talk to me about it but you shouldn't keep it bottled up. Please don't lie to me and say that you're fine when you're not. So, are you okay?

...no...

There conversation was cut short by Wally cheering. "Way to go Roy!" Kaldur was quick to chime in.

"At last he has his wish."

Robin took his gaze away from Wanda, looking back at the two. "The first of us to make it." She looked to the screen which show Roy being handed his badge by Green Arrow. "No one will call him a sidekick anymore."

"Wait, since when is being a sidekick a bad thing. You sidekicks were my inspiration!" Raquel stated.

"Well, see...six months ago..." His attention was diverted when his watch started beeping. He looked at it, turning the dial to show him the holo screen. Robin to Aqualad who nodded and the next thing they knew, they were all off.

.........................................................................

Smokey Mountains; December 30, 10:48 EST

The bioship flew over the snow covered trees, taking them to where Robin's hologlove alarmed them to go. He had said that Cheshire along with Pietro were caught on camera boarding a plane. "A-Are you sure it's her? I-I mean are you that certain? Absolutely positive?" Artemis asked as she stared down at the bow in her lap. Robin pulled up the picture of the two of them from before they boarded the plane, showing it to all of them.

"See for yourself." The screens popped up in front of the glass for all of them to see. "This is the security footage of the Asheville regional airport." He ran facial recognition on the both. "Facial recognition says that's Jade Lynn and Pietro Maximoff." The Boy Wonder turned to the archer. "But you've seen her without her mask. What do ya think?"