Chapter One

POV: Wooyoung

Words like 'independence' or 'responsibility' were the very last to be registered in Jung Wooyoung's dictionary—if they will ever be, that is.

Little did he know that he was supposed to grab the gist of those two most irksome words even before debuting as a member of society, earning money, paying taxes—what responsible adults do, or so he heard.

Earning a key for room 403 from the dorm manager, Wooyoung adjusted his backpack, anxious of what it would be like to live with a complete stranger. He only knew how to live with a family—unsure whether what he experienced was an average family life—and with that knowledge, he could've guessed nothing could be worse than that.

Which was the sole reason he escaped from there.

He only wished his roommate wouldn't be a big-eyed, a snob or a clean-freak. (He probably was asking for too much, but expectations for first encounters were always high.) Nonetheless, the first impressions were always important, and with a determined exhale, he plastered a favourable smile on his face, knocking on the solid door with a plate carved in 403.

Earning silence as a reply, he opened the door with the yet to be familiar key in his hand.

"Hello?" he gave out the best friendly voice, but it only echoed in an empty room. Apparently, the other resident was out somewhere.

Realising there was no one to impress, he relaxed his shoulders and looked around the room. There were two beds, one on the right and one on the left, a closet, an ordinary single lamp hanging from the ceiling and a desk at the back of the room facing the wall which had a simple window. His expectation for a boy's room was to be messy, clothes and whatnot flying around the room, but that wasn't the case for this particular room.

It was rather clean, perhaps too simple because this person had few belongings filling up the space. The only evidence of someone living was a laptop lying on the desk, unattended charger plugged in the wall and a little disorganised bed—but what caught his attention the most was a huge bear plushie that was soundly asleep on that bed.

A plushie? For a man in college?

Wooyoung grew rather skeptical. Perhaps the guy wasn't big-eyed, a snob or a clean-freak, but he could be a mamma's boy. Wooyoung chuckled sardonically before he slung his backpack on a vacant bed. So what if a young man was obsessed with plushies? Anything was fine, as long as it didn't concern him.

Wooyoung was about to throw himself on bed when he heard the door open.

"Oh, hi there," a young man with a full black outfit, walked in.

For a brief moment when Wooyoung was alone, he imagined a mamma's boy to be someone rather chubby, wearing glasses and insecure, but the man just dropped in was breathtaking.

He had a black hair, his bangs half up revealing his smooth forehead, below it were two sharp enticing eyes that glowed as if they could read through Wooyoung's mind, his shapely lips attaining an inviting smile.

Wooyoung could almost imagine a seductive aroma oozing from this man, and had to shake his head to brush off such ridiculous imagination.

"I heard someone was moving in today. I'm Choi San, sophomore," San swiftly takes out his hand for a shake, which Wooyoung accepts, but his fingertips slightly tremble. "Hi, I'm Jung Wooyoung. A sophomore, too."

Why the fuck are you trembling Jung? He cursed internally, hoping he did not give off his anxiety within.

The two drew closer to a distance of handshake, and that was when Wooyoung noticed a bruise just below San's defined collarbone, a purplish red mark striking painfully on his sleek skin, visible from his deep V-cut top.

Wooyoung gulped at the suggestive vividness in his vision, and averted his eyes quickly to the side. Which happened to be San's bed, where a bear laid unmoving as if it owned the place.

"Is that your plushie?"

"Yup. He's name is Kuma. He's my sleeping buddy."

San walked towards his bed and plopped, brushing his plushie ever so fondly.

"You still need a plushie to sleep?"

Wooyoung wasn't trying to make an enemy on the first day. But that remark was no less than a sarcastic would be defined, followed by an unintentional chuckle. Upon realising how mocking it sounded, he closed his mouth but it was a little too late as his words fell sound and clear in San's ears.

After a moment of silence, San stated, "well, I need to hug something to fall asleep." He then put up a lazy smirk on his face and asked, "will you be my sleeping buddy instead?"

Sleeping buddy.

Something coiled in Wooyoung's stomach from the sound of it. San obviously meant a hug pillow, and nothing that can't be advised to young kids below the age of eighteen.

But somehow the view—the most attractive man Wooyoung has ever laid his eyes on, seated on the bed lazily, his chest partially exposed, his lips curved in the corner—betrayed the idea, and screamed allure.

"I'm not gay," was all Wooyoung could blurt out.

For all Wooyoung knew of his nineteen years of life, he was only attracted to women. His heart thumped over their flirtatious laughs, lusted over their curves from their breasts to hips, and fulfilled to have a small figure fit into the frame of his arms.

"Too bad," San said in a tone clearly not disappointed.

Too bad? Did that mean he is gay? No, but that love bite could be from a girl, and he could be bi...wait, why do I even care about his sexual orientation?

"Is there a reason you'd move in at such an unusual time?"

San's question finally snapped Wooyoung out of his distracted thoughts.

"Family issues," he replied.

San only gave a nod, not pursuing to ask any further. He gladly wasn't the inquisitive type.

"So, there aren't many rules in this room. We are just going to take care of ourselves, within our space. I won't lecture on cleanliness as long as it's decent."

He definitely wasn't a clean-freak either. Wooyoung replied with an "okay!"

"Don't let someone else stay in this room. Absolutely no sex."

Wooyoung coughed lightly at the sudden remark, but agreed in a nod.

"And lastly...do not fall in love with me."

Wooyoung stared at San's face. He thought that the rather self-centered and absurd condition was a joke. But his expression said null. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't.

"I'm not gay," Wooyoung repeated the prior words, this time more firmly.

He was straight. He was sure of it.

Thus this racing of his heart was nothing but an illusion.

A/N:

Our rebel is in total denial, yet helplessly sexually frustrated tsk tsk

First time writing a ship fic! Hope this goes well woopsies! If any of you are wondering, this is the kind of Woosan we're talking about. Black-haired San FTW.

 Black-haired San FTW