Chapter Twenty Five

POV: Wooyoung

A ping came from Wooyoung's back pocket. He fished his phone out in a speed of lightning, hoping it was a reply from that one person—but his shoulders dropped mercilessly at seeing Yeosang had texted him, the content he couldn't be bothered.

He then tapped the name 'Sannie', reading the conversation below, neither replied nor seen.

Wooyoung

Hey.

I think I overreacted the other day.

Let's talk it out.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

Can we just have a talk?

San, you're not really moving out are you?

Are you going to ignore me forever?

San, please reply...

He missed him.

He had come to the point that he couldn't ignore.

He longed for him, and that feeling, that sour taste that always burnt his stomach with its acidity, the feeling he desperately tried to deny, tried to live up to his obliviousness if it meant not to admit that fact that he was jealous.

He wanted to be the only person San touched, and that could touch San.

He wanted to be the only person he'd seek for comfort at night, granting him the sleep and comfort he was deprived of.

He felt alleviated seeing San's purple bruises washed out from his smooth honeyed canvas, denying somewhere in the middle that he had the urge of wanting to paint his own.

A knock was heard, abruptly pulling Wooyoung out of his thoughts.

Was it San? Would he knock though? It was his room anyway. Who the fuck cares?

"San!" Wooyoung cried, slinging the door open.

But the one standing there wasn't a black-haired male with pure yet teasing eyes, but an almond haired male whose face Wooyoung had seen six years of aging, now widening his eyes in surprise.

"I must have disappointed you," Yeosang snorted with plenty of sarcasm.

"No, I'm sorry...I just wasn't expecting you to come here. Come in," Wooyoung mumbled, opening the door wider to let the guest in.

"I literally texted you I'm coming," Yeosang groaned, walking past the threshold, slumping his butt on the bed.

Wooyoung then recalled the text message he had received earlier. That must have been it.

"Uh, sorry, I must've missed the notification."

The younger sat on the bed, back where he was sitting before he asked, "what brings you here?"

Yeosang sighed audibly, then dropped a huge plastic bag he was holding onto his bed, letting what it carried carelessly spread out on the bed—bottles of soda, candies, bags of snacks and chocolates.

"You better thank God that you have such an angelic and caring friend to cheer your gloomy ass."

Wooyong found one odd looking snack in the pool of them. "You seriously didn't buy a baby's snack to cheer me up?"

"I surely did. It fits your mental age," he remarked blatantly.

"Savage," Wooyoung mumbled with a pout.

"Try harder."

The two paused sharing a glare, which resulted in a burst of laughter not so long after. It had been a while since Wooyoung had laughed so lightly, a comfort he needed coming from his best friend.

Munching on a baby gummy that tasted of yoghurt, he approved, "this isn't so bad. Do babies these days get such treats? How unfair!"

Picking up a string from the pack in Wooyoung's hands, Yeosang throws it into his mouth.

"I knew you'd relate to 12 months old," he teased, arching his brow.

Despite the shade he threw, Yeosang himself seemed to approve of the gummy, giving a nod as he enjoyed the taste in his mouth.

"It seems like San really is moving out," Yeosang mentioned, looking around the room, noticing how San's possessions were minimal.

"He owns little stuff to begin with," Wooyoung replied, pursing his lips in disagreement. "He still has his name registered in the resident list. It's not official."

"...Didn't he break the rule?"

"The rule he made up on his own. It's not what the dorm forbids."

Definitely not what the dorm promoted, but that's besides the point. Yeosang gazed silently at the blonde male, who was willing to protest at any idea that went along the line of 'San leaving the dorm'. "I thought you were disgusted at the thought of him making out with Yunho?"

He sure was. He definitely couldn't stand the fact that someone had once possessed San's heart and could still be. And worse to imagine that someone had broken his heart to make him turn out the brittle that he was today.

"Woo, I know you're a caring friend. But at this point you sound like you like him in a special way," Yeosang let out a laugh, suggesting it as a joke but Wooyoung couldn't laugh it off.

The usual Wooyoung will snap back and yell 'I'm straight!' angrily and yet he sat there quiet, his hands clenched in fists from anxiety. Noticing Wooyoung's strange behaviour, Yeosang mumbled out, "wait-"

"...I think I do," he breathed out, his voice almost disappearing in the air. "I think I like him that way."