Chapter Nine

POV: Wooyoung

Wooyoung stepped in his room, which looked lonesome having lost its owner for a while. He found it funny how the room he had lived in for nineteen years now rather looked foreign to him, compared to the dorm of two months that he shared with a complete stranger.

The rule was; to be stuck in the house. To help his mother do house chores, to never miss a family dinner, to study through online lectures and whatever his friends will send him, and what topped off the cake of insipid layers was a cherry of Seonghwa as a tutor. He found it rather amusing how they tried to tame him despite their nineteen years of effort had clearly run down the drain.

Wooyoung dropped on his bed powerlessly, propping his head up to drop a gaze on one freedom they let him have—his phone. He looked at the white screen displaying the clean computer-formatted lettering that curved itself in 'Choi San', his number freshly settled below.

His moment of ease was interfered abruptly with a knock on the wooden door.

He didn't even bother answering, because none of the three possibilities were welcome in the last resort he could tuck himself in in this suffocating house.

"Wooyoung?" Soon after, the door was opened by his brother, Seonghwa.

"What do you want," Wooyoung, clearly uninterested in his need, rolled on the bed flat.

"I just wanted to talk," Seonghwa said in a sad tone, receiving a cold shoulder from his brother.

Seonghwa was a kind and forgiving man. He was that one person in the family who'd never raised a voice against him, who'd never cornered him hysterically, who'd never insulted him. But he was, without an exception, a member of the family who never accepted Wooyoung for who he was. His judgement and conscience breathed within his father, and Wooyoung was just a poor and clueless younger brother who needed help. Ignorance didn't make one any less criminal.

I don't want to, Wooyoung scoffed inside, but he knew the man wasn't going to leave anyway, considering he grabbed a seat.

"I heard you punched someone at Hongjoong's party," Seonghwa initiated hesitantly. So this was going to be a pep talk about how he should not go jabbing around people.

"You must have had your reasons but...you should never resolve in violence." Wooyoung rolled his eyes wearily.

"And...," after a pause, he added, "I told you not to go to his party."

For the first time since his arrival, Wooyoung decided to prop up on his elbow to take a glance at his brother. "I thought you guys were friends?"

"Yes...but his parties are not civilised."

Wooyoung couldn't hold back laughing at how he tried to engage the word 'party' and 'civil' together. "That's why you're so boring? Having only experienced civilised stuff?" He retorted, making sure to put in plenty of thorns upon delivery.

"Wooyoung-ah-"

His friendly remark and his sorry look ignited the flame in Wooyoung's stomach.

"Look, it's just a waste of your breath talking to me. Don't you even bother tutoring me, because I don't want to trouble my smartass brother who's busy with his med studies," he quickly bounced off the bed, pushing Seonghwa out of the door, plastering his face with a sarcastic smile.

"It's not a trouble-" Seonghwa reassured, which was cut off by a loud slamming of the door.

Wooyoung hated everything. He hated his egoistic father and his mother who only knew how to listen to the former. He hated his brother who so blindly drank their parents twisted love, the only filter he could see Wooyoung through was 'pity'. He hated this house which only tried to breed the absolute human being, the conditions precisely written down in a long list, and that was the only personality they approved of.

Yet he studied with their money, he ate with their money, he habited with their money. What is a rebel if they kept on chewing off someone they so wanted to break apart from? He hated himself, whose entire being was made by them. He hated himself for acting all tough and disobedient, while in reality he couldn't live on his own.

When the dark thoughts whirling in the room almost swallowed him whole, a buzz was heard from his bed, his phone illuminating it's screen alleging its existence.

Choi San

Which one do you wanna see?

https://cinematodayxxx.co.kr

Wooyoung

Already preparing for the movie night?

Choi San

I'm too excited that it keeps me awake at night.

Wooyoung laughed at his cheesiness.

Wooyoung

Dude, not a night has passed yet.

Or do you live in another country?

Choi San

I live in Kuma world that works on its own clock.

So what genre? Horror, romance or action?

Wooyoung

This action movie has a good review but...horror.

Choi San

You sure?

This one is said to be hella scary.

Can you handle it?

Wooyoung

Pfft. I think the question is, can you handle it?

I can't wait to see your face twisting in fear.

Choi San

I bet you'd just be dazed in awe looking at my face.

Wooyoung

...aren't you too much?

The curve on his lips that formed the moment he saw the notification decided to sit there, fading dark thoughts that were gathered a moment ago ever so easily. Ordinary texts from Choi San. It was that simple.

A/N:

Please don't be shy to vote and comment!

Those will literally be my motivation 🥺