Chapter Twenty Three

POV: Wooyoung

The wooden door, brightly blue with some colour peeling off due to age looked almost foreign to Wooyoung. He'd been familiar with this door for quite a while, and yet as he panted from running, his heart beating from adrenaline built up his nervousness.

He reached out to the knob, and turned it all the way confirming it unlocked—suggesting the other resident was here. He released a sigh of relief knowing San was back safely, but only briefly before he heard his voice.

"You should leave, Yunho," San's voice, raspier than he ever heard. "My roommate shouldn't find someone here."

Yunho.

Wooyoung forgot how to breathe. What was he possibly doing here? With his wasted ex boyfriend, in his ex room? He hoped they were solving a puzzle, or playing card games, literally anything even if they sounded absurd and illiterate—anything but that.

Wooyoung's now cold fingers pushed the knob open slowly, and the first thing he saw was San turning back to him, standing next to his own bed.

"Wooyoung...," he muttered, his eyes growing wider in surprise.

Wooyoung felt his heart shatter in pieces when he saw San's defined collarbones revealed from his unbuttoned shirt, spread with fresh purple flowers.

"Is this your roommate?"

An unfamiliar voice came from behind San, and Wooyoung stiffly shifted his eyes to see a brunette male on San's bed. He was equally dishevelled from his hair to his clothes, his cheeks rosy whether it be an effect of alcohol or something else.

Jung Yunho. The man had handsome yet soft features, his eyes glittering even under the poor budget lighting of the college dorm, his slender legs screaming tallness even when he was sat—everything Wooyoung didn't have. He clenched his fists, digging his nails in his flesh. He felt sourness and bitterness, all boiling in a pot at the pit of his stomach.

"Guests aren't invited," Wooyoung growled in rage.

"Just leave," San ordered Yunho who then reluctantly stood up from the bed as suggested, straightening his clothes.

"We'll talk again," Yunho directed to San, of which he didn't reply, before he disappeared through the door.

Silence lingered heavily in the room, it's stagnancy almost suffocating. Wooyoung's eyes were casted on his feet, away from San who he'd always been chasing at the edge of his view unconsciously—he was scared. What was he supposed to say? What was he supposed to ask? At this moment, this second, words seemed to have lost its purpose in his head.

After what seemed like a second or an eternity, San mumbled. "...I'll leave too."

Living up to his words, San almost walked past and vanished in the hallway but Wooyoung's hand caught his arm stopping him on the spot.

"Did you-" in reality, Wooyoung didn't want to ask. What was a question if there was only one answer you were willing to hear? If just a thought could hurt, the certification will surely stab him. And yet—and yet, he desperately yearned to hear a word of denial. Even if all the evidence denied his wish, just one word from this man could mend his soul. "Did you just have sex with him?"

Wooyoung watched San, almost in slow motion, as his lips parted and dropped, "yes."

If Wooyoung's heart was already shattered into pieces, now they were hammered into dust.

"YOU-So you make me keep the rule and you just go break them like that? You definitely said no sex in this room. What the hell?" he blabbered, almost choking on words, hoping he sounded sarcastic, hoping that the small tremble in the execution sounded like it came from anger, disappointment and not from the pain nibbling on his heart—the only armour he could wear so that he didn't have to expose his fragile soul.

"I broke the rule," San muttered emotionless. "And that's why I'm moving out. You can have this room for yourself."

With that last word, San gently pushed away Wooyoung's hand on his arm, unleashing him from his hold, stepping out of the threshold.

"San!"

Broken call on the raven haired male echoed in the hallway—losing its purpose of bringing him back in the middle.