Chapter Thirty Nine

POV: Wooyoung

Wooyoung felt quite surreal to be back to Hongjoong's party. So many things had happened in here; the hot kiss that he could not forget to this day, the sloppy kiss that kicked him to realise his underlying feelings, reuniting with San who thought he had lost. To be fair, he didn't know if this place had happy memories or not—it was quite a mix of emotions.

But today it was different.; there shouldn't be any dramas. It was a day where Hongjoong only invited a few close people (mind you, that's like at least thirty) to unveil his mixtape; his mixtape he was working diligently with Jongho, that he finally was going to send them to the music industry for a hope for the future.

"Masterpieces only. But what can you expect from the Kim Hongjoong?"

San and Wooyoung caught Hongjoong who was standing at the DJ booth at the front of the room. San held a cup of beer in one hand, and the other was brushing Wooyoung's nape. It was a habit he had grown accustomed to, and although Wooyoung wouldn't say it out loud, he loved the feeling of his hand on him, brushing gently, and he wondered if the feeling was mutual between a dog being cradled on its stomach.

"Stop that," Hongjoong replied shyly to San's compliment.

"But it's true! All of your songs are great," Wooyoung confirmed.

Because it was. He had composed five songs which were sung by Jongho, and all five of them had different tastes, with their own attractiveness, yet not losing the flavour of Hongjoong.

"Thank you," he smiled sheepishly.

"I told him that this mixtape will change our life but he doesn't believe me," Jongho sighed from the side.

"It doesn't count when you're in it! Aren't you ashamed of praising yourself?" Hongjoong nudged his partner annoyedly.

"Not when you're this good, Jongho. You have the right to be proud," San laughed.

"Thanks, San. By the way, you two look great together," Jongho commented with a grin, which Honjoong also followed.

The couple looked at each other, and Wooyoung could spot the softness in San's eyes—the one that never failed to warm his heart.

Soon someone called the protagonists of the night to their crowd, and Hongjoong and Jongho busied away.

"San!"

There was a voice calling from the other side of the room, and Wooyoung turned to give a glare. It was a reflex, really. He didn't dislike Yunho as much as he did before, after San had told him about their past. If anything, he should be glad that Yunho was there to help San out during his difficult times, but that didn't change the fact that San loved him once, which never failed to prick the jealousy in him.

"Can I?" San asked for an approval, and Wooyoung simply shrugged.

San smiled and gave Wooyoung a quick peck on his cheek before he walked off to Yunho and some other tall guy he was with. He heard the thump in his heart, but he didn't forget to curse the two tall guys to wake up two millimeters shorter the next morning.

Taking a sip of his own beer, he spotted Seonghwa waving at him. His brother was back in town for the weekend, having been invited by Hongjoong too.

"Didn't think you'd come to the infamous party," Wooyoung teased, walking up to him.

"I've been trying to live outside my old box," he replied, his smile relaxed. "It's not bad at all."

Wooyoung wondered what it would be like if Seonghwa was thrown into the usual party, but he kept that to himself. Tonight was a relaxed party, and he should enjoy that to the fullest.