Chapter Seven

POV: Wooyoung

No matter how much he tried, Wooyoung could not get over the taste of San's lips lingering on his heavily.

What have I done?

He beat himself thoroughly on his way back to the dorm room, following San with a safe distance behind. The second San smirked at him defiantly, he felt troubled. He wasn't homophobic, but he declared him straight and kissing his roommate didn't sound appropriate. Kissing a man wasn't so much of a problem, but kissing San was. Yet that moment when San's beautiful face landed right before his bare eyes, he lost all his ability to move—a fish on land. He could almost hear his throbbing heart buzzing in his eardrums, fear and one other emotion he couldn't tell, until he realised San kissed his chin and felt the indubitable disappointment—that it was anticipation. The thought process was discarded and everything was instinctive when he pulled San's hand, the straightest man initiating a kiss with a man.

Kissing San came with a whirlpool of emotions he couldn't decipher. Wooyoung may never acknowledge, but the sheer impact of San was magnetic, his lips the most alluring factor he was drawn into since the first encounter. To have finally touched something he craved for unknowingly was electrifying.

He resolved that if anyone, especially Yeosang were to ask, he was going to stand strong on the point that he was utterly drunk to even give a right judgement. Yet he himself very well knew that this was only an excuse because his drunk but sane self will mark down what has happened tonight, taking a space in that not so capable brain of his. That at that moment, he knew the other was not a female or anyone else but San, and he made a choice to kiss that man.

He couldn't resist his body from catching heat as his mind registered the softness of San's lips, perfectly moulding to fit his, the heat it carried, not being able to differentiate as the two multiplied in intensity, and that perfectly matching feeling to have him in his arms.

"Woo?"

The calling of San had snapped Wooyoung out of his messed thoughts. He was still not used to hearing the close address from San and he felt jittery in his lower belly, far from the feeling of dislike. It was a moment later that he figured that they were already in the shared room.

"Y-yeah?" he answered, clearly not ready.

"Would you mind sleeping with me?"

His mind couldn't register the words immediately.

Would you mind sleeping with me?

The sound of it blurred Wooyoung's reasoning as if the kick of an alcohol wasn't enough, almost convincing him to choose the answer with his instincts, again. What on earth was going on with this roommate of his?

"Excuse me?" were the only words Wooyoung could squeeze out of his tensed throat.

"Oh, wait. I mean, a hug pillow. No sexual anything," San clarified calmly. "I tend to feel more lonely when I drink, needing physical human touch to sleep. I kind of ditched my date today and my precious Kuma unfortunately can't provide it so...."

Wooyoung stared at San who was gently grazing his beloved plushie on the bed, trying to tame his beating heart. He must've asked nonchalantly like he would his date (he probably didn't even have to ask), unminding how it tantalised Wooyoung so badly.

"No," Wooyoung asserted.

San gave a disappointed sound, not further pushing the matter, throwing himself on the bed, hugging the alternative Kuma tightly. Wooyoung sighed shakily. To kiss his roommate (a male) was already out of line, and he wouldn't be able to face Yeosang if he did as much as sleep with San on one bed. It was his last thread of sanity that he so desperately clinged on.

═════════•°• ☂️ •°•═════════

What greeted Wooyoung the next day in the English lecture was a grimace face of Yeosang.

"I can explain," Wooyoung started. "I was drunk."

"Yeah, that's probably why your true self popped off," Yeosang eyed at him judgingly. "Are you bi...or is it Choi San?"

The question kicked numbness in Wooyoung's brain. At the back of his brain, bottom of his heart, something obscure tingled, struggling to surface in the opportunity provided, but was suppressed shortly.

"Neither. I'm straight."

Their assignments were handed back, and Wooyoung looked down at his paper in shock. The letter 'A' was scribbled hurriedly on the right corner of the paper. He was bad at studies, hopeless at English. He couldn't help but giggle at the result, spinning his head immediately to San at the back of the room. He waved his paper with a huge grin, earning a soft smile from San.

Perhaps he should start taking English lessons more seriously. And with the help of San, the hopeless students wouldn't be so hopeless anymore, Wooyoung thought. Excitement was blooming in his heart when he heard the professor who was also just informed announce, "Jung Wooyoung, please go to the student guidance room."

A/N:

I enjoy writing this fic yet it reaches no one lmao

It's sad to not have someone hype you up for encouragement...I guess I'm doing this for myself /sobs/