Chapter Ten

POV: Wooyoung

It was safe to say that San's text messages and Yeosang's visiting—the only friend that their parents approved of—kept him sane.

"Here's the English notes for today," Yeosang handed his notebook. Not a particular gift Wooyoung was pleased with, but since in quarantine, he was utterly bored that he'd rather study—who would've thought.

"Are you planning to go back to your dorm tomorrow?"

"Is that a question? I need to attend this fucking family dinner tonight and I'm set free. I can't wait to escape from this stinking place first thing in the morning," Wooyoung thrived, not being able to hide the excitement of finally being done with a painful week. He never thought he'd be so eager to go back to university but God, he was.

Yeosang's eyes wavered, as if wanting to say something but didn't know how to initiate. That was when Wooyoung's phone pinged in his pocket. He swished it out, what was displayed on screen glowing his eyes a tone brighter.

"San?" Yeosang asked. Wooyoung exchanging numbers with San, frequenting not so important messages was a week old information to him.

"Mn," Wooyoung answered absentmindedly, busily tapping the screen to reply. San was letting Wooyoung know the time to meet up at the cinema tomorrow (followed by some needless chitchats which Wooyoung definitely enjoyed), further increasing Wooyoung's anticipation for the next day. Excited to watch the hella scary horror movie, in someone's treat, of course.

As if that was a cue, Yeosang finally squeezed out the words that he was holding back.

"I think you should stay away from Choi San."

Wooyoung's attention drifted from his phone to the man in front of him, his face straight and serious. Wooyoung wasn't going to hide his discontented frown. "Why?"

"I don't think he has a good effect on you. Look, you were punished because of him," although nervous, Yeosang tried to maintain the calm tone, by no means trying to provoke the other.

"So, are you saying I shouldn't have butt in? That it was okay for San to be assaulted?" Wooyoung's tone was building in frustration on the contrary.

"No, of course not. But then, you don't know him well enough to risk yourself."

"Well, do you?"

"...You don't know who he used to share that room with," Yeosang spoke carefully. "He-"

He tried to explain further, but Wooyoung had enough.

"Who cares? I'm his current roommate. I know enough to say he didn't deserve that," Wooyoung stood up, his fist clenched. He felt betrayed. Yeosang out of all people, who's been his friend for long, was supposed to understand the choice he made. "I'd do the same for you, Yeosang. I'd stand up for people I care for!"

People I care for? When did Choi San, a man acquainted only for two months, who—Yeosang has a point—he barely knew of, grow such importance in his heart? He didn't know. But he wasn't going to take it back.

POV: Yeosang

A hue of pain bled within Yeosang's eyes, which Wooyoung was too oblivious to notice—he'd always been.

Then will you kiss me too? Just like you did to San, will you pull me into your arms, and kiss me like there was no one else but the two in the world?

"Yeo, not you. Out of all the people, you shouldn't be saying that to me," the blonde male standing dropped his head low, letting it out in a trembling voice, frustration, disappointment, and pain evidently laced. He perhaps wanted to cry, as much as Yeosang did. But Yeosang had six years of practice with this foolishly transparent man, three years since he realised his feelings, that he was trained to grow numb and adept to push back his feelings, burying it deep in the grave of his heart.

"I'm sorry, Woo," the words escaped Yeosang's mouth helplessly in whisper, leaning in to hug the fragile man.

What was he sorry for? Sorry for judging San? Sorry for disappointing you?

Sorry for falling in love with you?

A/N:

One of my favourite chapters because I'm content at how I wrote Yeosang POV ;_;

My apologies that this one came out short, but honestly, I feel like it's better than ending a line with something like 'San burped'...yup.