Chapter Twelve

POV: San

San was in a lecture when his phone made a clink.

WOOGIE

I'M FINALLY OUT OF THAT STINKING PLACE!

Be prepared to go broke cause I'll be eating like there's no tomorrow.

SAN

Do you take cinema as a restaurant or?

WOOGIE

I. Don't. Care.

He could almost hear Wooyoung's voice, and an unintentional curve creeped up San's lips. Wooyoung must be nestling in his a-week-vacant bed, and he'd perhaps attend some lectures or whatnot later. Back to San, who had few lectures today and a part time job pending later on, which meant they'd only see each other at night.

In that week he was away, they called twice, because he was 'bored to death at home', and they sent selfies to each other as was a dire request from Wooyoung, which San had it securely saved in his album. Even though it wasn't that he didn't hear Wooyoung's voice or didn't see his face, but they were only delivered through a cold electronic device, his voice adjusted artificially and his face pixelated, they weren't the same as experiencing them live. The anticipation tickled San's heart.

═════════•°• ☂️ •°•═════════

The sky was already in shades of navy, orange closing to horizon blending with purple in between when San took off the café, done with his shift. He was walking down the path to the bus station that would take him to the cinema, when his phone melodiously resonated.

Taking his phone out of his back pocket, he shot a glance at the caller and gave a small grunt. Pressing the red button with no hesitation, he tucked it back.

Just when he was about to take a corner, someone grabbed his arm rather harshly.

"Are you ignoring my call?" huffed the man, an inch too close for San's comfort.

"Why bother asking if you know the answer?" he rolled his eyes at the caller. The man was holding San's hand up, his grip on his forearm strong. He made an attempt to tear it off, but efforts in vain, his grip only tightened. He demanded. "Let go."

"You promised a night at the party. You said you'd make it up for ditching me. Why do you keep on rejecting me?"

The man was from Hongjoong's party, a fuck buddy San promised to spend the night then—only what happened later had turned him into a trivial matter. And it stayed that way.

He could totally make a scene, but the clock was ticking and Wooyoung was waiting. He resolved to brush things off for now, and deal with this shit later. "Because I'm busy," San said, curving his lips in a false smile.

"I know you just got off your work, and you're free now," the guy smirked disgustingly, his breath heavy.

"How are you aware of my schedule?" San's frowns crease deeper, now shadows quite evident in between.

"Does it matter?"

Yes, it fucking matters, San cursed under his breath, which probably did not reach this overly excited male's ears, who looked like he was shot with a dose of adrenaline. The grip was getting tighter, and his other hand snaked around San's waist. He was unrelenting. Admitting, San closed his eyes.

═════════•°• ☂️ •°•═════════

POV:Wooyoung

This isn't a date.

Wooyoung reminded him for the nth time, one of it being when he was troubled unsure of what to wear for the night, stumbling in front of his closet for a good fifteen minutes. He mentally slapped himself for even choosing an outfit, it's not like he was going to a party to hook up with girls, it was just a bro night watching a movie. Yet his hands reached for a fresh white T-shirt and a clean cut denim jacket, that was his favourite piece.

This isn't a date.

He muttered again when he was all prepared after checking the mirror for the tenth time, ready to leave when he realised that it was way too early. Only a child excited for an amusement park would arrive thirty minutes early.

This isn't a date.

Repeating his mantra, he tried to ease his unusual skipping heartbeat as he waited for San. making sure he wasn't going to miss a raven-haired male's arrival, yet determined to subtly ignore him until he calls his name first.

But he was running late. Wooyoung checked his phone for every minute passing, but it was silent.