Chapter Thirty Two

POV: Wooyoung

When will the two get back? No, more like, when will San get back?

Wooyoung bit his nails in impatience, waiting for the man who was kidnapped away by a giant. Ignoring the fact that San told him to go ahead and have lunch at the cafeteria, Wooyoung stubbornly waited, eyeing at the two men's back further away.

He obviously couldn't feel patient when he now recognised Jeong Yunho as San's ex boyfriend, knowing that he even had one. It wasn't one of his friends; he was in a relationship, which might wound up again, if it hadn't already.

To ask for tolerance in this circumstance was like asking a fish to walk on land.

He felt a little at ease when he saw Yunho coming back, not so much as when he was hopeful to see anybody but San.

"Hey, Wooyoung," the tall man gave a likeable smile to the man in frown.

Wooyoung wasn't grown up enough to familiarise with his arch enemy, but he hummed, thinking he could at least acknowledge his existence.

"Where's San?"

Seemingly not so bothered by the blonde male's rather rude attitude, he replied. "He'll be here soon."

Wooyoung thought their conversation ended and looked away, when Yunho thought otherwise.

"I wanted to tell you," he started. "Because I'm not sure San did, considering his past traits."

Oh, is he now boasting the fact that he knows San very well?

Honestly, every word Yunho dropped was taken in a wrong way at this point. He was jealous. He was insecure. But one thing that kept him glued to the place and not intruding on their privacy earlier was the one reasoning that he was nothing but his friend.

Wooyoung was almost prepared to scorn mentally at whatever the other male said, only until he heard it. "We didn't sleep that night."

Wooyoung shot his head up to finally meet Yunho's almond eyes, which softened at the encounter.

"He rejected me."

Yunho turned his head and registered a figure approaching. He quickly turned to Wooyoung to give the last piece of advice. "He's a little complicated. But I think you'll find your way around."

Wooyoung's cheeks flashed at the remark. Was he that obvious?

Yunho chuckled playfully and dropped a "Good luck!" before he waved a goodbye.

"Oh, I guess I made you wait?"

Another voice rings into the flustered Wooyoung's mind. It was none other than San.

"You could've gone to grab your lunch...you must be hungry," San said in a caring tone, together with a gentle brush on Wooyoung's nape which made his frustration of waiting dissipate in an instant. Oh the magic he held.

He shouldn't pry. A voice somewhere in his mind chided him.

But there was a beauty in simplicity and honesty, and Wooyoung decided to convince himself.

"Are you guys dating?"

San blinked at the sudden question. He wouldn't know how Wooyoung's heart pounded against his ribcage. What if he said 'yes'? Obviously, he couldn't think that far ahead—but it would most definitely break his heart.

To his favour, San laughed as he answered simplistically. "No."

Wooyoung emitted a sigh of relief, then went ahead asking after a slight hesitation, "...he didn't hurt you, did he?"

That seemed like another random question, but he recalled the way San looked that night with Yunho wasn't a pleasant mood. And although he doesn't have an all round information about their relationship, he had an idea that it wasn't a smooth end. Not when San was (and is still somehow) so guarded to let someone in, unconcerned about his well being.

San dropped a gaze at the shorter, which looked like it was out of fondness, and Wooyoung could feel his heart beat a notch faster.

"No, everything's fine."

He gave another caress on Wooyoung's nape, that feeling he loved, that feeling he wanted to grow accustomed to.

═════════•°• ☂️ •°•═════════

Waking up on an electronic tune ringing wasn't exactly a pleasant feeling—especially on Saturday morning. It also doesn't help that Wooyoung was leaned at the edge of the bed spooned by the still soundly asleep San; the fact that the phone was within his reach and not San's, and the fact that he might be feeling too comfortable in the other man's arms to move.

"Who the hell is calling this early in the morning?" he groaned, reaching out to the phone that wasn't his. Okay, perhaps not so early, he reconsidered as the phone display announced past eleven. He also sees the caller he does remember; 'XXX hospital'.

Wooyoung recalled what had happened the first time he saw this display name. San was acting strange, distancing himself drawing a line in between. That really wasn't what he wanted, so should he wake this man up?

The ringing was persistent, probably the other end of the call was determined to challenge until they heard the automated woman's voice, and by the time San had woken up.

"Why so noisy...?" he mumbled, brushing his still sealed eyes with his hand.

"Uh, it's for you," slightly wincing at the cute sight of the sleepy head next to him, he handed him the phone.

San paused gazing at the screen, unbeknownst to Wooyoung whether he is contemplating or still failing to register to his hazy brain. It was the second time calling that San decided to pick it up.

"Hello?"

There was a slight tenseness in his voice. Probably unconsciously, San pulled Wooyoung closer to him for comfort, and honestly, the blonde male was cursing internally at how his little touch ricocheted his heart ever so easily.

Wooyoung barely made out what was said on the other side of the phone (totally not because his heart was beating too loudly), and San replying almost to nothing wasn't helping much. The part he understood was when San said, "I'm coming," as he ended the call.

The figure behind him pulled himself up on the bed, and Wooyoung struggled to stop himself from whining, missing the warmth. After succeeding, he woke himself up too, soon meeting the other male call his name.

"Wooyoung."

He hummed in response, stretching his body, feeling a good relief trail down his shoulders.

"What do you say for a date today?"

A/N:

I'm picking up and wrapping the plots now, which means, the book is heading to an end!

Probably around forty chapters though, so not so soon lol