two

"jj! hey, come sit with me for the feast!" daphne greengrass called to the other girl as she walked in with her friends.

"oh hey! i'll be right there!" jordan called back and said bye to her friends, heading over to the slytherin table, next to her roommate.

she got a lot of looks as she sat down but learned to ignore them.

"what's a pureblood doing with hufflepuffs?" she heard but just rolled her eyes, sitting down next to the dirty blonde girl.

"hey daphne. how was your break?" she asked and the girl shrugged.

"it was okay, astoria was just getting on my nerves. she's completely bloody obsessed with malfoy over there." daphne said, nodding to the smaller greengrass all over draco.

jordan just laughed and shook her head. "i don't understand it. he has money and that's about it. i heard his parents were involved with you-know-who back when he was powerful." she whispered and daphne nodded.

"yeah, but what slytherin's parents weren't?" she asked with a sad smile.

jordan nodded. "that's true." she agreed, then a silence settled over the two.

the girls listened to the speech dumbledore gave and then the food appeared in front of them.

daphne started taking the food while jordan just looked at it, remembering her last argument with her mom.

"jj, why aren't you eating?" daphne asked and jordan shrugged.

"just thinking." she told her making daphne put a piece of apple pie on her plate.

"eat something jordan, please." daphne said, giving her a small nod.

jordan just nodded and started picking at the pie, taking some small bites.

she got halfway done with the pie and then dumbledore stood back up.

"attention!" he called, making everyone silent.

"this year, hogwarts will be the host of the tri-wizard tournament." he stated, making everyone start murmuring.

"does that mean-" but before jordan could finish her question, dumbledore spoke again.

"yes ms. jones. we will be hosting beauxbatons and durmstrang as well as the yule ball." dumbledore said, making jordan turn red.

before dumbledore could get in another word, filtch ran up and whispered something.

"ah yes, please welcome beauxbatons!" and with that, the doors burst open revealing a couple dozen girls in blue.

daphne and jordan watched as all the boys and some girls became mesmerized by the newcomers.

a very large lady followed and greeted dumbledore, the old wizard giving her some chaste kisses on her cheek.

"and our friends from the north! durmstrang!" for a second time, the large doors burst open to reveal many men marching through with staffs.

jordan eyed one with a small smile, watching how he kept his poker face on even though she could see him look at her a couple times.

daphne noticed this and nudged the girl, only making her giggle.

then, the headmaster walked in with one of his students, making everyone gasp.

"is that-" daphne trailed off while jordan nodded.

"viktor krum." she answered while everyone watched as they finished their march.

the headmasters hugged before everyone sat back down.

daphne laughed a little as dumbledore continued to list the rules and what was going to happen. then a crack of thunder shook the dining hall then rain poured down, making everyone shriek.

dumbledore stopped that immediately and turned to the new person by the minister.

"ah, welcome professor." dumbledore smiled, turning back to the students. "everyone, welcome professor moody, he will be teaching defense against the dark arts."

"what happened to professor lupin? he was really good." daphne asked jordan who shrugged, remembering what happened last year.

dumbledore finished the speech and everyone got up to leave, jordan dragging daphne over with her to say good night to her hufflepuff friends.

"sit with us tomorrow at breakfast?" cedric asked jordan and she nodded.

"it wouldn't be a year at hogwarts without our breakfasts." jordan smiled high fiving the guys before daphne dragged her away to the slytherin common room.

"how have you never been tempted to date any of them? salazar, those boys are hot." daphne said making jordan laugh as they walked down the stairs.

the giggled all the way into the common room, joking with each other.

as they opened the door, everyone stopped talking and stared at them.

"what?" jordan asked, glaring at all of them. everyone returned to their conversations besides malfoy's gang on the couch.

daphne and jordan continued up to their dorm, ignoring some of the stares.

draco was flat out staring at them, watching their every move while astoria was talking to him.

"draco, who are you looking at?" the younger girl asked and draco shook his head.

"nothing." he told her and she rolled her eyes.

"you mean my sister and the hufflepuff lover? don't even bother with them." astoria told him with a scoff.

"yeah mate, i heard jones is crazy." crabbe laughed, making pansy and goyle laugh as well.

"but she's gorgeous." blaise added, making the all the guys nod.

pansy and astoria rolled their eyes at them and chatted about dinner.

meanwhile, up in their dorm, daphne and jordan were gossiping.

"i can't believe there's an age restriction on the stupid cup." daphne complained and jordan nodded.

"i know. it's stupid, i mean, i get it. but it's really bloody stupid." she agreed.

"do you think anyone we know is going to be picked?" daphne asked and jordan shrugged.

"the only person i know old enough to put their name in the cup is cedric. and he probably won't." jordan told the other girl.

little did she know, she'd be very wrong.