fifty one

all students made their way back to hogwarts after new years, which sufficed to say both jordan and draco enjoyed maybe too much.

they didn't want to go back, as it stressed draco out to no end with the cabinet.

jordan always knew what to say though, and made him a little less stressed with the new book of charms he got.

"so ladies, how was your holiday?" jackie asked once the three slytherin girls were sitting down.

"very good actually. i met my dads friend." jordan said and daphne snickered.

"you mean the princess? yeah we all saw." she said and jordan rolled her eyes.

"well then how did your holiday go? prancing around italy again?" jordan shot back and jackie put a hand on her arm.

"actually no, i was with cody for a good portion of it." she claimed and jordan narrowed her eyes.

she didn't exactly mind the idea of them being together, but she knew it would mess with the group dynamic.

"speaking of that, has any of you seen blaise since before break?" jackie asked and jordan nodded.

"he came around a couple times to speak to my dad." jordan said with some blinking.

"and how was draco? you two have fun christmas eve? sorry i couldn't be there with you guys, there was this show." jackie apologized and jordan laughed.

"it was fine, great actually." jordan said with a blush, thinking back to christmas morning.

"anyways, i'm going to go find cody. i'll see you guys at dinner." daphne said, taking off out of the carriage to go find the hufflepuff.

jackie and jordan looked at each other before jordan sighed and looked out the window.

they passed fields buried in snow, creating the perfect scene.

it wasn't until jackie was gawking at something that finally caught her attention.

"uh? jackie?" jordan asked and jackie pointed at jordans forearm, her sleeve had slipped down.

it had revealed her mark.

muttering a curse, jordan quickly pulled her sleeve up and looked at her paled best friend.

"you- how? when? why?" jackie studdered and jordan shook her head, barely containing a laugh.

"how have you not noticed? i've had it since christmas last year." jordan answered and it was jackie's turn to shake her head.

"that's so dangerous jords. have you been in on the attacks?" she asked, genuine concerned for her friend.

jordan shook her head. "no, but we do have tasks to complete by the end of the year. and before you ask, no i can't tell you with who or what they are."

this made jackie's mouth close and she just stared at the dark haired girl.

"there's something different in you jordan. something weird, i don't know if i like it." jackie said and jordan shrugged.

"you don't have to like it. just know you'll always be my best friend and i would never want to see you hurt or anything." jordan said with a small smile and jackie nodded.

"i know jords, believe me. i know."

the rest of the train ride was quiet, their beaus not making a single appearance, which slightly concerned jordan.

once the train finally arrived at hogsmeade, the girls shoved the younger years out of their way to get to a nice carriage.

"i miss the boats." jordan sighed as they made their way back to the castle.

"it's been over six years!" jackie laughed, forgetting about the train ride.

"yes! but still, it's was the best sight to see. the castle flowing over the water, no matter how many incompetent morons there are here, it's like a second home." jordan gushed and jackie snickered.

"getting sappy are we?"

jordan just rolled her eyes, as she does a lot, and shoved her friend playfully. "piss off."

the girls eventually made their way into the castle and to their dining hall table.

"jones! there you are!" draco called, racing over and giving jordan a big hug.

"draco!" jordan laughed, hugging him back tightly.

she hadn't seen him since new year's eve, when they kissed on the effiel tower as the clock hit midnight.

very romantic.

the two drew some attention, but everyone was mumbling about the dark happenings occurring in the world just outside the gates.

"this is the second to last time we'll ever sit here after coming back from christmas break." jordan said suddenly and the joyful mood was quickly sombered up.

"no, no, no, stop. we aren't ruining this dinner with talk of the future." daphne said, appearing out of nowhere, getting a glare from blaise a couple seats away.

"fine!" jordan groaned, picking at her mashed turnips.

"well, i can't wait for the future honestly. jords and i will both be running our fathers companies, with the occasional dates." draco said and the boys laughed.

"good luck mate. have you met jordan when she's in business mode?" crabbe asked and draco shot him a glare.

"it's true! i remember one day over the summer, she came back from shadowing jerald and she went straight to the library and started working some more!" daphne cackled and jordan blushed.

"maybe i do like work, but it's better if you make it fun. and of course babe, i'll always have time for dates with you." jordan said, booping draco on the nose.

he pulled away quickly and swatted her hand away.

"babe!" jordan whined and everyone laughed.

jordan looked around at all her friends smiling and let herself be free for one moment, forgetting about the future, the mark, only focusing on the right then.

and that's when she finally felt at peace.

-
an!

hi i'm sorry if this is kinda crappy, i'm writing this at 3 am because i wrote an entire research paper thing tonight and felt the need to write.

wait tonight, i mean this morning.

i'm losing my mind

i love you all and drink water babes!

night night <3