twenty nine

"talk." demanded jordan, wiping away tears.

"jordan, i can explain everything. i'm sorry first though." draco started.

"i can take it. please explain." jordan said and he nodded.

"so i didn't like puecy asking you out. not that i didn't expect it though, you're sweet sometimes, you have great morals, you're the perfect slytherin. and your beauty and brains completes you. so i went to confront him and he instinuated that he was using you, so i started to fight him. then you came and it stopped. you got the truth." he explained, pausing to take a breath. "then i started think about it. why i didn't want you dating him or any other guy. i want to protect you, i have for a while now. i couldn't explain it at first but now i think i know."

jordan sharply inhaled and shook her head.

"don't you dare draco malfoy. don't do it." she warned but he shook his head.

"jonesie, i really like you."

she shook her head, hiding a smile at what she was going to do next.

"jordan, please say something." draco said, almost nervously.

but jordan knew he couldn't get nervous, so looking up at him, she kept her expression cooly.

"malfoy." she said, then let out a giggle. "do me a favor."

draco's face was pure confusion as she continued to laugh.

"anything." he said.

"ask me again next year." she said with a grin and his mouth dropped.

"what? why?" he asked and she shrugged.

"we're 15. you said it yourself. we still need some time to grow and mature into ourselves. in the meantime though, i do need some time to think about what you've said. and i think you might need my fathers approval if you don't want him to curse you into the next century." jordan said, giving him a teasing smile.

draco nodded before giving her a smile. "you're right. but i really don't like it when you flirt boys. i want you to myself." he said and jordan narrowed her eyes.

"or what?" she asked with a smirk and he shook his head.

"or we'll be finding out how jealous i can get." he said and she grinned.

"good enough for me. come on, let's go back inside before someone reports us missing." jordan laughed, taking his hand and leading them back inside.

"hey, let's not say anything to anyone yet." draco said before the reaches the common room.

"of course. you think i want people to think we're dating?" jordan asked with a smirk.

draco rolled his eyes and said the password, letting them into the common room where crabbe, goyle, jackie, daphne, and blaise.

"oh, you aren't dead." jackie said, looking up unimpressed at the two.

"are you both happy?" blaise asked and draco shrugged while jordan nodded.

"much better." jordan smiled, sitting between jackie and daphne.

"yeah. much better." draco repeated, sitting in his chair, although to everyone else it looked like hit throne.

the group chatted for an hour or so more before jordan stood up, bidding everyone good night.

she eventually fell asleep after another hour of tossing and turning.

in the morning, when she woke, daphne and jackie were already out and about.

"bloody hell what time is it?" she mumbled to herself, looking over at the clock and seeing it was close to nine, leaving her ten minutes to get ready for dark arts.

"bloody hell." she said, jumping out of bed and starting her bathroom routine.

she sped up getting dressed, causing her to miss tucking in some shirt tails and leaving some wrinkles and stuff.

by five to nine, jordan was running out of the slytherin common room and to the dark arts room. she was out of breath, but walked in just as the clock hit nine.

"miss jones, please take your seat." umbridge said and jordan rolled her eyes, sitting next to draco.

"is there a reason your uniform is out of sorts miss jones?" umbridge asked, causing all heads to turn to her.

she blushed and heard draco snicker.

"mister malfoy! miss jones!" umbridge said, completely blowing what actually happened away.

"unless you've forgotten, you mindless pink puffball, i have more self respect than to sleep with a boy i'm not even dating. to disappoint myself and my family would be utterly heartbreaking, but i don't suspect you would understand that." jordan shot at umbridge who turned red with anger.

"you selfish little-" umbridge started to say but hermione spoke up.

"but didn't jordan just say it was also to protect her family image? i don't think that's very selfish professor, but of course, you wouldn't know selfish even if you looked in the mirror." hermione said and jordan shot her a grateful smile.

"turn to page 20! read until the end of class!" umbridge shouted, furious her class was turning against her.

draco smirked as he started to write a note to jordan, starting a long chain of note passing between the two.

"psst jones." she heard and looked to see a hufflepuff holding a note out for her.

she accepted it with kindness, just as everyone did with hufflepuffs, and opened it to see a note from hermione.

she passed one back and that started another chain of notes.

when the hour was up, jordan was the first one out of the room and to her next class.

the day was quite normal and she wanted to keep it that way.

so until dinner, everything was good.

"hey draco." pansy parkinson said, coming up to draco on his throne and putting her hands on him.

jordan looked up from her book and kept a dangerously close eye on him.

"pansy. do you need something?" draco asked and she grinned, noticing jordans eyes on her.

"let's go up to my room and finish what we started last night." she said, trying to be as seductive as possible.

draco rolled his eyes and pushed her off. "piss off pansy, nothing happened last night and nothing ever will happen." he said so forcefully that it brought tears to pansys eyes.

at this, jordan smiled. there was her draco.