forty four

"so snapes finally dark arts teacher." daphne stated the morning before classes began.

"yeah, finally." jordan agreed, looking at the teachers table to see an old man she didn't know.

"so i'm guessing that's the new potions teacher." jordan said, more as a question, but nobody said anything.

"yeah, his names slughorn, he taught here a while ago, back when our parents were in school." blaise said, kissing daphnes cheek.

jordan watched the two with a smile before looking at draco to see him staring at her.

"draco, it's rude to stare." jordan said with a smirk and draco rolled his eyes, a smile forming on his lips.

"not staring, just admiring you." he said back making jordan blush.

there were snickers heard all around.

"so who has what?" goyle asked, holding up the schedules.

"well i would love to tell you, but you have my schedule." jackie snorted, making goyle hand out the schedules.

"i have hufflepuffs and slytherins." daphne said, jackie nodding along.

"i have slytherins and gryffindors again. really minnie?" jordan called and she saw some teachers laugh while mcgonagall just shook her head.

"same jords. you have potions with gryffindor?" draco asked and she nodded.

"yeah i have advanced potions. same as you?" she asked and draco nodded back to her.

"yep. i suppose we could go now." he said with a grin and crabbe opened his mouth.

"why? first lesson isn't until eight, it's only seven thirty, it doesn't take-" he got cut off by jackie stomping on his foot.

"shut up!" she hissed, pushing draco and jordan to leave.

"why?" crabbe hissed back under his breath as the two stood up to leave.

"later moron." jackie whispered as she smiled sweetly to the couple.

jordan gave her a strange look but took dracos hand and followed him out of the great hall.

"miss jones. do wait a moment. you too mister malfoy." they heard and jordan sucked in a breath at the sound of snape.

they turned around to see snape with his eyes narrowed on them.

"it would be a shame if your fathers found out about this. but, i have tasks for you both. himself gave them to you." snape said lowly and jordan swallowed.

"yes it would be a shame. as for the tasks, what are they?" draco asked, squeezing jordans hand.

"there is a vanishing cupboard in the room of requirement, his lord would like that to be fixed by the end of the year." snape said and jordan sighed.

"how are we supposed to fix it? it would be better if you could." jordan asked and snape rolled his eyes.

"he wants to know if you aren't totally incompetent, stop whining." he told her and she gritted her teeth.

"fine." she spat out and went to turn.

"oh miss jones, one last thing. i have a potions book for you. my old book." he said, pulling the advanced potions book out of his robes magically.

she looked at the book before taking it gently.

"thank you sir." she said before snape nodded and walked off.

"how are we supposed to fix a vanishing cupboard?" jordan sighed once snape was out of range and draco shrugged.

"no idea." he said before smiling and pulling her into a broom cupboard, kissing her.

she just smiled.

meanwhile, jackie and daphne were walking to their class.

"i don't know jackie, somethings off this year. maybe it's because of him, but i don't know." daphne sighed, feeling the cold, unwelcoming atmosphere of the castle more than usual.

jackie just sighed. "things are going to change daph. we aren't first years anymore, it's our second to last year."

"yeah i know that. i'm just scared. i don't even know what i want to do. blaise thinks i won't have to have a job or anything because we're set to be engaged, plus our family money, but it's just scary." daphne complained as they walked to dark arts.

"he's right though daph. you don't have to worry about a job. you're going to do great just being-"

"what? a housewife? a mother? i don't want that jackie! there's so much more to life than kids or being married. there's travel, there's places to explore. i want more in life than kids and a bloody white fence!" she ranted and jackie sighed.

"daphne, i swear those are the thoughts that will make blaise not want to marry." jackie said and daphne sighed.

"yeah yeah. whatever." she said, walking faster to class.

truth be told, daphne was unhappy. she loved blaise, but things had just gotten boring and she didn't want boring for the rest of her life.

when she was running around with fred last year, it was the first time she felt really alive.

she was so deep in thought that she didn't even realize she knocked someone's books over.

"hey!" the boy said and daphne looked up to find herself in an unfamiliar part of the castle with a hufflepuff.

"i'm so sorry!" daphne whispered, helping him pick up his books.

"i know you. you're jordans friend daphne. daphne greengrass right?" he asked and daphne met his eyes for the first time to realize it was cody.

"cody?" daphne asked and the older boy laughed.

"yeah, i'm cody. sorry about yelling. today hasn't been the best." he said and the girl shrugged.

"it's okay. i don't even know where i am." she confessed and he laughed a little.

"we're by herbology. it's a different way to the greenhouses." cody laughed and daphne blushed.

"oh, right." she said quietly and he helped her up.

"if you want i can walk you to your class?" he asked and she shook her head.

"it's okay. i'll be fine." she said and he gave her a concerned look.

"are you sure? just because you didn't know where we are." he said and daphne thought about the pros and cons for a minute.

"yeah, i'll be okay." daphne decided.

they both knew she wouldn't, but it was better to get lost than have everyone start spreading rumors about her and another boy.

"alright, hey, one more thing. i need a favor." cody said and daphne gave him a look.

"just because we're both jordans friend doesn't mean you can ask me for stuff." she said and he shook his head.

"it's about jordan. can you keep an eye on her this year? just to make sure she's safe?" he asked and daphne saw the caring older brother side of him at that moment.

it melted her snake heart. "of course i can. don't worry though, draco won't let anything happen to her."

cody sighed. "he's the problem."

daphne gave him one last sad smile before turning and going in the opposite direction of where she was.

it was going to be a long year.

-
okay hi! quick an!

i'm struggling, mostly bc daphne. i really like her and blaise but i'm also starting to ship her and cody.

so any comments?

anyways i love you guys! <33