twenty five

everything went smoothly until jordans last class.

"salazar, will this woman shut up?" jordan whispered to draco as umbridge carried on about owls and the importance of passing them.

draco stifled a laugh, catching the witch's attention.

"something amusing about failing owls mister malfoy?" she asked in her shrill voice and before draco had a chance to answer, jordan spoke up.

"actually professor, i was just asking myself a rhetorical question, which malfoy overheard and found amusing. i'm sorry you don't see the appeal to english literary devices as your little lecture could use a few." jordan stated, making umbridge fume.

"detention miss jones. friday this week." she said with a little giggle at the end.

"why? i was just offering you some unsolicited advice. perhaps maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks." she said with a small smirk as she watched the woman turn red with anger.

"next week too." she added on and jordan shrugged.

"i supposed you're going to have me clean tea cups and kettles then. as you obviously don't have the brains to do it yourself. you mindless ministry drone." jordan shot and umbridge was furious.

"three weeks!" she shouted before regaining her composure.

"jordan what are you doing?" draco whispered harshly to her and she rolled her eyes.

"class dismissed!" umbridge said in her shrill voice.

jordan grabbed her bags and shot out of the classroom.

unfortunately not fast enough, as draco caught her arm.

"why did you do that?" he asked and she shook her head.

"consider it a favor. she was going to give you detention, i could sense it. your parents would be furious." she said and he shook his head.

"jordan, your parents will be furious." he said and she smiled.

"i like when you say my name malfoy. it's quite cute." she said, slipping out of his grip and heading off somewhere she didn't exactly know where.

draco just stood there blinking, watching her hair swish as she walked away.

if he was smart, he would've followed her. but draco wasn't the smartest boy when it came to girls.

instead, he sighed and made his way back to the common room.

"something wrong draco?" crabbe asked as draco sat down with blaise, goyle, and crabbe.

"no, well, yes. jordan." he said and blaise grinned.

"finally beginning to understand your feelings draco?" blaise asked and the blonde boy shot him a look.

"she said when i call her jordan it's quite cute. what does that even mean?" he asked and goyle looked between crabbe and blaise.

"well, i think she was trying to flirt with you." he said and all the boys looked at him.

"what?" draco asked.

goyle just nodded. "she was talking to me in potions today and she said something like how she can't flirt and i told her to try it with a guy she trusted." he explained and blaise smacked his head.

"and you didn't think to tell us?" he asked while a small smile crept its way onto dracos face.

"she trusts me." he said and the boys looked at him.

"i don't know how but she does. maybe it has to do with your fathers." crabbe said and blaise rolled his eyes.

"or maybe she likes you. did any of you think of that?" he asked and all of them shook their heads.

"she was probably testing it so she could flirt with riley jenkins. i heard he likes her and they spent some of the summer together." goyle said, making something fall in dracos chest, yet his face remained stone.

"riley jenkins isn't right for her." draco said with a glare.

"and you are? draco, you're a boy with daddy issues and you're getting the dark mark over break." goyle said and blaise decided to speak up.

"and so is she. maybe neither of you are right for her, but it's her decision who to date and who she likes. we can't influence it, except maybe draco." blaise said and draco sighed.

"i don't know what to do." he said, standing up and deciding he needed a walk.

"just don't do anything dumb draco!" blaise called after him.

meanwhile, jordan was wandering the castle, and it just so happened she found the room of requirement.

"i wonder what's in here." she whispered excitedly to herself as she opened the door to find an empty room besides from the big cloth cover thing in the middle.

curious, she walked over and pulled down the cloth, revealing a mirror.

"what's so special about a boring old-" but before she could finish her sentence, a figure appeared.

"no." she whispered, collapsing on the floor.

"hello my love." mirror cedric said and she shook her head.

"you aren't real." she told him and he nodded.

"this mirror shows you what you most desire in life. i'm sorry i left you so soon jj, but you were my very last thought. you are and always will be my baby sister and i love you so much." he said and jordans eyes became misty.

"i love you too ced. i miss you more than ever, we have this new professor and she's quite horrible. she's a pink puffball from the ministry who's trying to take over the school. although with a fool like dumbledore, she might just manage it." jordan told the mirror.

"jonesie, i know you love causing trouble, but this year is going to be dangerous. and next year and your last year. the world is turning dangerous. i know what he wants from you, just please remain my princess. please jords."

"always."