fifty three

draco and jordan were followed by a group of death eaters as they stormed their way up into the astronomy tower.

"jordan do you know what you have to do?" fenrir greyback asked the girl and she nodded.

"of course. do you?" she challenged and draco squeezed her hand.

fenrir barked in laugher.

"i like her." thorfin rowle said and patted jordan on the back.

the girl just rolled her eyes and wished bellatrix was there.

when they finally got to the top, jordan saw the headmaster.

"expelliarmus!" jordan shouted, disarming the man.

for once in his life, dumbledore looked scared.

for he knew jordan was as heartless as they can be.

instead, dumbledore resulted in trying to get through to draco.

as dumbledore was talking, he saw the death eaters fan out, following jordans order.

"i can protect you and your family draco, just come over to the right side." dumbledore said, making jordan mad.

draco however lowered his wand, assuming defeat.

"draco, you have to choose where your heart is. with this man, or with your family, or with yourself. do what you think is right." jordan butted in, keeping her wand pointed at the old man.

"i want to. but i can't." draco whispered and jordan turned to look at the death eaters, giving them a nod to disappear.

once the two students were alone with the headmaster, jordan turned to draco.

"you can do it. or else i will." jordan said and draco shook his head.

"i can't jords. i can't." draco said and jordan nodded understandingly.

dumbledore watched the two.

"miss jones. i didn't believe you were capable of feeling such emotions. i thought you were going to turn out as the boys aunt did." dumbledore said, insulting one of jordans favorite people.

"bella is perfect the way she is. unlike you. you lie, manipulate, and torture us every year!" jordan exploded and dumbledore shook his head.

"that is not true. i see what happens and lead you toward your fates. i know you won't kill me." dumbledore said and jordan grew furious.

"you're the reason cedric died! you saw how it would end and didn't do anything to stop it! you could've saved an innocent boy! but instead you turned to your own selfish desires and manipulated potter with his death! god, you foolish old man." jordan said, unaware of the man that was approaching them.

"what is going on here?" snape asked and all three of them turned to the professor.

"it's happening snape." draco said and snape looked at dumbledore who nodded.

"just remember miss jones, help will always be given at hogwarts to those who ask."

and with that snape mumbled something, hitting him with the killing curse.

tears poured down her face as dumbledore fell, not for the man but for herself.

she was actually going to kill him.

"come on, we have to get you two out of here." snape said, and jordan shook her head.

"i can't leave. take draco, he will be safe with you." jordan said and draco shook his head.

"i can't leave without you." he told her and jordan nodded.

"you can, and you will. i'll see you in a couple days." jordan said, and he sighed.

before snape could pulled them away, draco took jordans waist and pulled her into a sweet kiss.

"i'll see you soon." he whispered and then apparated away.

jordan sighed, knowing her time in the tower was running out, so instead of fleeing down the stairs, she thought back to her book of charms.

before she could think of a way to apparate, she heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

she muttered a charm she memorized, hiding her from eyesight.

practically making her invisible.

"who was up here?" she heard mcgonagall ask someone and when she turned, she almost let out a curse.

"i saw malfoy professor, and a lot of death eaters." potter said and jordan almost sighed in relief.

"are you sure mr. potter?" flitwick asked and harry nodded.

jordan saw snape behind all of them and wondered if he was going to tell the truth or not.

"i'm sure we all know we can't leave albus' body down there for everyone to see." snape finally said and jordan almost cheered for him.

everyone hurried out, except harry who looked around the room, trying to figure out what happened to the dark haired girl he saw with them.

he figured it was better not to end up in the hospital wing, or dead, if he said something though.

once jordan heard the clickes of everyone's shoes down far enough, she let loose the breath she held in.

that was too close for her liking, she she quickly thought back to the times she spent reading about apparating.

figuring out what she should do, she apparated quickly to her room, startling jackie and daphne.

"jordan! where were you!" jackie whispered harshly, knowing she had something to do with why they had to get up so early.

"no time to explain, hurry up." jordan whispered, running into the bathroom to fix her appearance quickly.

once she didn't look like she had anything to do with the death of the headmaster, she ran out to see jackie and daphne looking sternly at her.

"what's going on? don't you dare lie." jackie said and daphne gave jordan a look.

sighing, jordan rubbed her temples, "albus dumbledore is dead as of this morning."

jackie and daphne both turned to each other with fear in their eyes.

but before they could even speak their assumptions, jordan continued.

"it wasn't a student who killed him. it wasn't  me or draco. you don't have to worry about that. in fact, if you ask anyone, i had nothing to do with it at all. but dracos gone, snape had him go home." jordan explained.

before jordan could say another word, jackie lunged over and gave her a big hug, daphne not far behind.

"i'm so sorry jordan." jackie whispered and jordan just quietly let a couple tears slip.

they stayed like that for a while, just embracing each other as the three had known this year was different.

they couldn't put how they felt into words, they just knew they were thankful to have each other and that they were all safe so far.

it was the beginning of the end for them.