seventeen

the ride back to london was horrible, jordan looking to be on the verge of tears the entire time.

"jones." draco said, snapping jordan out of her thoughts and she looked at him.

"what?"

he sighed, taking in the sight of her. "how much sleep have you gotten in the past week? you don't look well." he said, a hint of concern in his voice.

"i'm fine, honestly." she snapped, looking back out the window at the sinking sun.

"obviously not if you won't answer my question." draco countered with no sensitivity at all.

their group looked at the two horrified.

"i've slept enough malfoy, now please stop." she said softly, a voice nobody had ever heard.

everyone looked at her in shock as she sighed, looking out the window.

there was silence as her friends seemed to have a mental conversation.

it was a minute before daphne cleared her throat, "so, mother says aurelia has asked us to take you to paris this summer." she said and jordan looked at her.

"why? i'm fine, everything's going to be fine." she said and daphne shrugged.

"dont think of it as she wants you to heal, think of it as a girls trip. jackie would go but she's going to be in tokyo for fashion week." daphne said, offering a small smile, which jordan nodded at.

"come here jj." blaise said, putting his arm around her, letting her rest her head on his shoulder.

it wasn't until they heard soft snores come out of jordan when they all let out a breath they didn't realize they were holding.

"draco." daphne hissed at the blonde who looked at her in surprise.

"what?"

she rubbed her temples before answering him. "you need to be more gentle with her. she may look tough but she's broken draco, she hurting more than she'll let on." she told him.

"i was asking an honest question! she doesn't even look tough anymore, she just looks like the toy a little girl gave up on a long time ago." draco said and jackie rolled her eyes.

"that doesn't mean you get to pressure her into answering your questions." she shot and draco nodded, looking down.

the train soon slowed and blaise woke up jordan who yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"i'm so sorry blaise." she whispered and blaise nodded understandingly.

"anytime jonesie. you need to get some food and sleep." he told her and she nodded.

"i'll try. thank you. all of you though, this is has been some of the worst weeks in my life and you all stood here with me. thank you." jordan said to her little group.

"we're here for you jj." jackie told her, running her arm comfortingly.

the slytherins walked out, their heads held high as if nothing was going to get to them.

"i bet they're all together." blaise said, assuming all their parents were standing together.

sure enough he was right.

"oh here come our little slytherins." mister greengrass said making daphne roll her eyes.

"c'mon father, we aren't little anymore." she said, her lips twitching up into a smile as astoria came around with pansey and her friends.

"my, jackie you've grown." blaise mother commented on the girl who smiled politely.

"yes ma'am, i've been running and such, staying in shape for this summer." jackie told her and jackie's mother smiled.

"yes, jackie's modeling this summer in tokyo and paris. would you girls like to come watch?" she asked daphne and jordan who smiled politely.

"miss isla, we got tickets as soon as we heard." jordan said with a small laugh, making the woman smile.

"aw, what good friend you girls are." narcissia smiled and both aurelia and missus greengrass smiled at each other.

"yes, but i do worry, jackie should stick to her same sleeping pattern so her bags don't end up like mine." jordan joked politely, making the adults laugh.

"yes i do supposed we should go, the air quality is getting quite polluted." lucius said, taking narcissia's arm and leading the group out to their cars.

"jordan dear, you look ghastly." aurelia whispered to her daughter who kept smiling through.

"yes mother it does get hard to sleep when all you see when you close your eyes is your dead best friend." she said through gritted teeth and aurelia decided to drop the subject.

the pure blood families all split up, promises of owls soon and the greengrass midsummer ball.

as soon as the door shut on the jones car, jordan dropped her smile and leaned back in her seat, tired of keeping up her facade.

"jones manor." aurelia told the driver who started the car and started the journey.

it didn't take long for aurelia to decide to start a conversation.

"how was school this year? any bad grades or detentions?" she asked her daughter who shook her head.

"no, none of that. i'm good at being bad and not getting caught. i hexed a half-blood so bad he was in the hospital wing for a week longer i predicted." she said nonchalantly and her mother smiled.

"oh! how wonderful! that really makes me smile." she told her daughter.

"yes, it was quite amusing. especially after when the boys best friend accused me. any other teacher might've done something, but snape punished him and gave me five points." jordan boasted and her mother laughed melodic.

"oh severus, i miss that man. he'll be coming around this summer, although i am really going to ask you to go on the trip to paris with the greengrasses before midsummers." aurelia said and jordan nodded.

"i know it was coming. at least it will give us time to get dresses and things in order."