forty six

over the next few months, jordan watched in shock as draco became frustrated, becoming unstable.

"draco. if you want to go get some sleep, go. i can finish testing this." she said one night and he shook his head.

"no! i can do this." he said, raising his voice a little, making jordan narrow her eyes.

"draco, go to sleep. i'll finish this." she said and pointed to the door of the room of requirement.

they were trying to fix the vanishing cabinet but weren't having much luck.

draco sighed, knowing it was pointless to argue with her.

"alright. i'm sorry, see you in the morning." he said and jordan touched his hand.

"no good night kiss?" she asked with a small smile and he turned, giving her a quick peck before leaving.

she sighed and rubbed her head before looking back at a book she borrowed, trying to figure out another spell to use.

it wasn't until almost one in the morning when she finally sighed and decided she was worn out.

jordan quickly packed up her things and snuck out of the room.

she hurried down to the dungeon, sneaking out each corner.

at one point she wanted to laugh as she felt like a spy, sneaking out.

"miss jones." she heard once she got into the common room.

she turned to see snape sitting down at a desk.

"sir." she said with a small smile.

"i assume you were working on our small problem." he said and jordan nodded.

"yes sir, i can't seem to figure out the right spell though." she told him.

"you're still late, i'm going to have to deduct points. three points from slytherin." he said and jordan sighed.

"alright. sorry sir, it won't happen again." she said and turned to leave.

"miss jones, a minute please." snape continued and jordan paused.

"yes sir?"

"i'd like to talk to you about draco." snape said and jordans heard dropped.

"why? what's wrong?" she asked, concerned about her boyfriend.

"he is tasked for something else as well, something i promised narcissa i would look out for him and help him with." snape said and she was intrigued.

"what's that?" she asked.

"killing the leader of the order." he whispered and jordans jaw dropped.

"but professor! that would be-" she said but then cut off.

"yes. now i want you to keep an eye out on him. he can't kill him while he's going crazy."

"sir with all due respect, maybe the reason he's going crazy is because of the pressure you and everyone puts on him. i mean, come on, he's sixteen! no sixteen year old should have to murder someone." jordan ranted and snape thought.

"yes, you're right. but he has to prove himself to the lord." snape said before a noise was heard by the door.

"go upstairs." snape hissed and jordan nodded, running up to her dorm.

she sighed as she closed the door, leaning on it.

"jords, is that you?" she heard daphne ask sleepily.