forty three

the students all went back to school a couple weeks later.

jordan and draco were excited, even though they weren't officially together, it was almost like they were.

"hey jordan!" hermione called on the platform september first and jordan smiled and waved.

"daph! jords!" she heard jackie call and turned to see the strawberry blonde girl running towards her.

"jackie!" jordan laughed, running back towards her.

the three embraced, feeling so much happier now they were together again.

there was an atmosphere on the platform that didn't sit right with jordan, as it was so dark.

"so how was you all's summer?" jackie asked as they boarded the train.

"very well, blaise stepped it up and it feels like our first couple months again." daphne smiled, hugging her arms with a blush.

"jords? besides losing your mom and all, how was your summer?" the tall girl asked and jordan shrugged.

"yeah it was definitely a summer to remember." jordan said as they sat down at their table.

"yeah i bet." jackie said, watching draco give jordan a smirk as he passed their table.

jordan laughed and pushed her friend.

the train left a little bit after and jordan and her friends were spent most of the time laughing, trying to clear the dark atmosphere burying the train.

"jordan, you seem different this year." pansy said. she had joined the girls halfway through the ride, cuddling up with jackie.

"yeah, i feel better i don't know why." jordan smiled.

"maybe it's because-" daphne said before cutting herself off.

they all turned to see draco standing there, glaring at daphne to shut her up.

"hey love." he said finally, giving jordan a kiss on the cheek.

her friends stared while jordan rolled her eyes.

"wait, so is it official?" daphne asked and jordan looked at draco who shrugged.

"if it's okay with jordan, i'd love to make it official." he said with a sweet smile to the girl.

jordan smiled back before looking at her friends who were staring expectantly.

finally, she sighed, "yes. we're official. draco malfoy's my boyfriend." she told them.

squeals could be heard all around as jordan blushed bright red.

"now you're mine." draco whispered in her ear before turning and leaving.

she smirked and rolled her eyes.

draco and jordan were all the girls talked about on the rest of the ride.

the speech was the same, jordan scoffing at every word the man said, before digging into her food.

she had more food on her plate this year, a salad, some chicken, and potatoes.

daphne and jackie have each other looks of relief as they watched her eat without hesitation.

they were proud of her for overcoming her eating disorder for the time being.

"jonesie!" she heard cody call and she turned to see her old best friend standing by her with some of his friends.

"cody!" she yelled, running over and giving him a giant hug.

"my little sixth year is all grown up." he sniffles and she smiled up at him.

"my little cody is a seventh year. i can't believe my eyes." she retorted and they laughed before falling into silence.

"do you think he misses us cody?" jordan asked softly and cody inhaled sharply.

"he will as long as we miss him. i can sense him watching over us. we're going to do great things jonesie." cody said softly back, making jordan grin.

"thank you codes, i hope you have a good year. don't forget about me at the end of the year. i want to see you before we leave." she smiled and cody nodded.

"of course jords. be careful, it's going to be a dark year." cody said before giving her one last hug, a kiss on the head, before leaving.

draco being draco, saw the entire thing and clenched his fist even though he knew he had jordan.

"hey, relax, it's just cody." jackie said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

he sighed, relaxing his hand, and turning back to his food.

"well, cody thinks it's going to be a dark year." jordan said, going back to her friends and boyfriend.

"it is, but i'll protect you jones. always." draco said and jordan got major flashbacks to cedric telling her almost the same thing, making her tear up.

she snapped her head up, "draco, please don't promise things you can't keep. especially if you die." she told him.

he lowered his eyes, knowing he hit a nerve. "i'm not going anywhere anytime soon. don't worry jordan."

she sighed and nodded, trying to push the thoughts out of her head.

the houses soon finished dinner and went to their dorms.

"i missed you guys." daphne said as she layed down.

"i miss you guys too." jordan agreed, finishing up in the bathroom.

"this summer went on way too long." jackie said and the two other girls hummed in agreement.

"yeah, how was working in paris and milan all summer?" jordan asked with a snort and jackie rolled her eyes, a smile rising to her lips.

"it was quite boring actually. i missed everyone too much to have fun." jackie told the girls and daphne placed a hand on her heart.

"aw i love that you didn't have any fun modeling for big companies because you missed us!" she said, bursting into giggles, making jackie throw a hair ribbon at her.

jordan looked at the two and smiled, feeling home for the first time in a while.